|
MinimWatch Not Opening
|
|
23-10-2015, 16:57
Post: #11
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch Not Opening
(22-10-2015 23:51)simoncn Wrote: MinimWatch should automatically detect MinimServer and connect to it. When you launch MinimWatch, do you see a minim icon (musical note) in the Windows system tray? If so, what colour is this icon? The icon was green last night which gave me enough time to install MinimStreamer. Today the icon remained grey for about 10-15 minutes but has eventually turned green?? (22-10-2015 23:51)simoncn Wrote: When MinimWatch has established a connection to MinimServer, you need to use MinimWatch to install MinimStreamer. MinimStreamer will be installed on the QNAP as an extension to MinimServer even though you are doing the installation from Windows. That's the bit I missed - now it makes sense... My eventual aim is to stream my FLAC library as WAV to ascertain if I can hear a difference - I understand from the User guide that I need to enter flac:wav in the stream.transcode property. Is there an easy way to toggle quickly between FLAC and WAV? |
|||
|
23-10-2015, 19:41
Post: #12
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch Not Opening
(23-10-2015 16:57)Donald Wrote: My eventual aim is to stream my FLAC library as WAV to ascertain if I can hear a difference - I understand from the User guide that I need to enter flac:wav in the stream.transcode property. I recommend that you try flac:wav24 as this should produce better results than flac:wav. The procedure I use for toggling is as follows. This is using Linn Kinsky as my control point. 1) Using MinimWatch, remove flac:wav24 from the stream.transcode property, then click OK and restart MinimServer 2) In Kinsky, navigate down to a test album track and add the track to the playlist. This track will play as FLAC. 3) Using MinimWatch, add flac:wav24 to the stream.transcode property, then click OK but do not restart MinimServer 4) In Kinsky, navigate up/back one level from the test track to its containing album, then reopen the album to show its tracks 5) Add the test track to the playlist. It will look the same as the track you added in step 2 but it will play as WAV24. 6) You can now toggle back and forth between the tracks you added in steps 2 and 5 to check whether you can hear a difference |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



