Post Reply 
Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist
20-07-2014, 12:37
Post: #7
RE: Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist
(19-07-2014 20:23)simoncn Wrote:  Which log is showing that MinimServer stopped at 6.35? What message do you see in the log?

The usual stop (that was fixed by the firmware update) is daily at 6.25. This 10-minute difference is likely to be significant. Does MinimServer stop at 6.35 every day, or only once a week or once a month?

Given that disabling and enabling your PC network connection fixed the playlist problem, it seems that the problem occurred because your PC became disconnected from the network multicast group and the disable/enable sequence reconnected it to the multicast group.

Between the time that the playlist was showing OK and the time it wasn't showing OK,
  • Was the PC powered on and running (not suspended) all the time?
  • Could there have been a power interruption?
  • Was the PC using a wired connection only or did it have a wireless connection enabled?
Do the Device Manager settings for your wired and wireless network adapters on the PC have the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to same power" enabled? If so, try disabling this option to see if this improved things.

Simon, thanks for the feedback. To respond:

It was the MinimWatch log that showed that. I couldn't see a MinimServer log.

Once the stopping behaviour has begun again, it happens pretty much daily. I have posted about the symptoms and discussed with you before in the thread https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=826 which was about nightly crashing of the server.

The time was definitely 06:35 in the log. I haven't checked the log after other events to ensure it's the same though.

I do still have this fairly bizarre behaviour whereby, if I completely uninstall and reinstall MinimServer (retaining all the settings, though), the nightly failure problem goes away. It returns once a new update package has been applied, though.

When the playlist problems occurred, the PC was never suspended/hibernated. There was no power interruption (the PC has a battery it would switch to anyway) and the NAS is on a UPS. It is running on the wired connection only and the wireless connection is disabled.

The power management option was checked on the ethernet connection, and I've now unchecked it. The wireless connection doesn't offer me the alternative, though that might be because it's disabled at the moment. I'd be surprised if this had been an issue, though, as the problems have sometimes occurred during a period when I've been actively working on the PC, so it would be odd indeed if the NIC card had been deactivated by the system.

Richard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist - rweten - 20-07-2014 12:37

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)