Post Reply 
Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist
18-07-2014, 21:25
Post: #4
RE: Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist
(18-07-2014 21:04)rweten Wrote:  Simon, as ever, many thanks for your reply. Let's cover the points one by one.

The overnight stopping problem is now intermittent and not so much of a problem as it once was. I have updated to the latest firmware for the NAS (5.3.10) but I've had the problem recur since then.

I'm not sure what could cause this. It's probably best to focus on the other problems for now.

Quote:When you say 'when you get the playlist problem, try...' do you mean the problem where the whole playlist wipes, or the one where tracks are shown with metadata from the 'old' playlist? I'm guessing you mean the latter?

Do you have any thoughts on why the playlist can suddenly get wiped?

This can be caused by a network issue. If Kinsky can't retrieve the playlist from the DS, it will appear to be wiped when you view it in Kinsky.

Quote:These problems are occurring on a wired ethernet connection. I haven't tried to see if it happens on wireless. I don't, generally, suspend and resume the PC (I simply lock it when I go away, otherwise it runs 24 hrs).

Network configuration not easy to describe but here goes:

- The router is independent of the switch which controls most of the network elements, as is recommended by Linn
- I have a Netgear GS108 Prosafe Gigabit switch sitting between the Linn Klimax and the ReadyNAS. In turn, that switch is connected to the router
- The PC on which I run Kinsky is connected by another switch (Netgear GS105 Prosafe) to the switch above.
- There is a wireless access point also connected into the GS108, and another ReadyNAS too
- All the devices on the network are on the same subnet (192.168.1.x)
- All the devices on the network are allocated their own specific IP address via address reservation in the router, so they get the same IP all the time

Richard

Thanks for this description. It's very clear but it's lacking one important detail. What make and model of router do you have? Also, does the router include a wireless access point?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist - simoncn - 18-07-2014 21:25

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)