Post Reply 
Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist
18-07-2014, 08:44 (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 09:11 by rweten.)
Post: #1
Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist
I've been seeing some strange behaviour from my system recently. I had thought it was my Klimax DS, and initially posted on Linn's forums (see http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid327971 for details).

There seems to be a sequence for the problems:

- The first thing that happens is that the playlist items in Kinsky all disappear, and music stops. As though the Klimax had crashed. However, it doesn't appear to have done so. I can start loading tracks to the playlist again, and the new tracks will play normally. They will appear correctly in the playlist.
- MinimServer then stops too. I don't know if this is linked or not as I still suffer intermittent MinimServer stops anyway, although my overnight problems appear to be getting better with the latest packages under 0.81. The symptom is a greyed out MinimWatch icon. I fix this by going into ReadyNAS Frontview, stopping MinimServer there (and the ReadyNAS will invariably report that MinimServer is still running, by the way) and then restarting MinimServer. The server will then come back up.
- The final stage is that the playlist in Kinsky (on my PC) will get screwed up. I add new tracks from the server library, but they come up in the playlist with the titles from the old playlist in Kinsky (the one that disappeared in the first step above). They play correctly, but with the bizarre behaviour that they have the wrong title and artwork in the playlist, but the correct versions in the top left corner of Kinsky.

I have tried power-cycling the DS but that doesn't fix the problem. I have tried switching between rooms in Kinsky, refreshing the 'Rooms' list, and switching from Playlist to Radio and back. None of this clears the problem.

Meanwhile, if I switch to another control point (iPhone or iPad) the playlist is showing correctly.

On occasion, the problem seems to right itself if I put enough items in the playlist. I have to put enough music in the playlist to complete exhaust the list of names from the 'old' playlist. At this point the correct names for new music appear below all the old ones. If I then play the entire playlist through, the problem resolves.

I am quite unsure as to whether the problem is Kinsky related or something to do with MinimServer/MinimStreamer. The problem with MinimServer randomly stopping itself predates this latest sequence of problems. However the playlist problems have all showed up since I installed MinimStreamer a couple of weeks back, so I wonder if there might be a link there?

Help would be much appreciated.

R

Update: I have also confirmed that a full restart of the PC will resolve the problems with the playlist. However, simply closing the Kinsky application, and restarting it, will not. Does this suggest there is some sort of caching problem in Kinsky/MinimServer/MinimStreamer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Streamer losing its playlist, and Incorrect items showing in playlist - rweten - 18-07-2014 08:44

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)