|
Creating Playlists
|
|
30-03-2023, 23:27
Post: #10
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Creating Playlists
Hello,
I am experience similar problems with playlists as described elsewhere in this forum. and would appreciate learning exactly how one can properly configure an m3u file that contains media files from multiple folders using Minim. I have over 1200 playlists that have been created over quite some number of years. The only playlists that can be played now are playlists that are located in the same folder as the music files (typically album folders). These m3u files contain only a path for Album and song title. When trying to playback any existing m3u files with full path info, I get a dialog box saying "No items found". The playlists and music files reside on a Sonic Transport i5 linux based Music Server. Minim is one of a choice of servers pre-insalled on the I5. The client is a new Denon AVR running HEOS. The Denon/HEOS has been able to connect and properly handle playlist files from several different server sources with no issue. This problem seems specific to the MinimServer (I have installed the Full version for the trial period allotted.) For reference, I have a desktop PC with Media Monkey 4 installed. MM4 also has a media server built in. The Denon/HEOS system will recognize and connect to this server immediately and will play anything you throw at it, including playlists with files from different folders, FLAC, WAV, mp3, whatever. So it does exactly what you would expect a server to do. I also use the Squeezebox server that was pre-installed on the i5, and that works perfectly. Unfortunaly that server only works in the Squeezebox world (i have four Squeezebox players) and is no help here, but it works on the same i5 as the Minim server. I know there are differences between a Windows based server and a linux based server, and I am no expert (not even close!) in resolving issues like this. I'm not even sure about things like which way slashes should go when defining a device, location and content. Can anyone help with this? Playlists are a major source of enjoyment for many, including me. Right now the ability to use playlists is extremely limited, to the extent that Minim is marginally useful. Thanks ! Jack |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



