Post Reply 
Dealing with large m3u with a lot of urls
26-12-2017, 20:29 (This post was last modified: 27-12-2017 00:14 by unclemaximus.)
Post: #1
Dealing with large m3u with a lot of urls
Hi

I download playlists from http://www.radio-browser.info regularly because those databases are updated regularly.

You can browse by different categories and get a download url for the playlists files at the top. For instance a url like this.

http://www.radio-browser.info/webservice...ld%20music

I have a cronjob that downloads some of these. That is not the issue. I want to integrate them into Minimserver but I want transcoding so this stuff plays uniformly across my devices.

Also I am using Minimserver mainly for online radios. I have ample amounts of servers running for other media files but the reason I have started using Minimserver believe or not is the support for m3u files that has online urls in them. Unfortunately no other server that I came across seems to not be able to process this kind fo stuff. I tried everything Emby, UMS, Serviio, Subsonic, etc I can add online radios to some of this but one has to add these one by one or create stream url files etc which goes aginst the grain of what I am trying to achieve here.

I do not have 3 favorite radios I listen all the time, if that is the case my issue would be non issue. I like shuffling through hundreds of radios that is why I download various playlists from radiobrowser's site on a regular basis.

Having given the context, here is the issue. I tried to read the transcoding and streaming doc, it is a a bit too much to deal with it if I understand what needs to be done to transcode, given that I am dealing with hundreds of urls with regularly updated m3u files so editing, giving manual ids, setting transcoding bitrates formats etc is no option for me.

Is there an automated way to enabling transcoding for regularly download m3u files in a non interventionist way?


thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Dealing with large m3u with a lot of urls - unclemaximus - 26-12-2017 20:29

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)