Post Reply 
MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
05-08-2017, 11:03
Post: #40
RE: MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
(05-08-2017 10:32)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks. Artists is committed with Picard in latest stable release. Albumartists is not, but can be used if including $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%) in scripting.
Im not very familiar with Picard scripting, if albumartists doesnt exist how does this do what you want doesn't it just convert the existing value into multivalue, does albumartists exist but hidden somehow ?

(05-08-2017 10:32)steve1977 Wrote:  There is another difference. Picard pulls the artist "Baba Saad", while Jaikoz uses the actual artist "Saad". You can argue Jaikoz is more accurate, but for sorting it is a bit disturbing as I will have both "Saad" and "Baba Saad" show up in the artist list.
Just enable Preferences:Remote Correct:Format:Use standard artist name instead of name on cover (I should enable this by default) and rerun Update Metadata from MusicBrainz and that should fix it.

(05-08-2017 10:32)steve1977 Wrote:  Is there any way that I can use the tags from Picard with MiniM and still get multi-value working? It would be quite an effort to retag 50k songs with Jaikoz. Also, I am a heavy user of Picard's scripting feature, which is not supported by Jaikoz. And lastly, Kodi media player is using the artists/albumartists tags in the Picard way, so I don't want to lose this.
Yes I think so if you just ensure all tags are ID3v24 when tagging. Jaikoz currently support scripting for filenaming but not tags themselves. We have requested that Picard uses the same tags as Jaikoz for compatability so hope that issue will go away.

Does dbPoweramp really not support ID3v24 ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist - paultaylor - 05-08-2017 11:03

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)