Post Reply 
Issue with 8player and gapless
08-01-2017, 20:57
Post: #4
RE: Issue with 8player and gapless
(08-01-2017 17:11)Melco Man Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 16:42)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 20:27)Melco Man Wrote:  I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?

Have you tried the latest version (Jan 5 2017) of the Simaudio Mind Controller app ? Not the nicest GUI, but it now offers solutions to display metadata. And it has supported gapless playback since the beginning.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the latest Moon app and I think it is great. But it won't play DSD files over Ethernet and doesn't allow me to control the music via USB.
The mind app does play DSD64 files over ethernet, but unfortunately does not do the same for higher DSD rates. It is somewhat incorrect to say it wont't play DSD files over Ethernet, as this applies only to DSD128 and higher.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with 8player and gapless - Andre Gosselin - 08-01-2017 20:57

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)