MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Issue with 8player and gapless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?
(07-01-2017 20:27)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?

Have you tried the latest version (Jan 5 2017) of the Simaudio Mind Controller app ? Not the nicest GUI, but it now offers solutions to display metadata. And it has supported gapless playback since the beginning.
(08-01-2017 16:42)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2017 20:27)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?

Have you tried the latest version (Jan 5 2017) of the Simaudio Mind Controller app ? Not the nicest GUI, but it now offers solutions to display metadata. And it has supported gapless playback since the beginning.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the latest Moon app and I think it is great. But it won't play DSD files over Ethernet and doesn't allow me to control the music via USB.
(08-01-2017 17:11)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the latest Moon app and I think it is great. But it won't play DSD files over Ethernet and doesn't allow me to control the music via USB.
The mind app does play DSD64 files over ethernet, but unfortunately does not do the same for higher DSD rates. It is somewhat incorrect to say it wont't play DSD files over Ethernet, as this applies only to DSD128 and higher.
(08-01-2017 20:57)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]

The mind app does play DSD64 files over ethernet, but unfortunately does not do the same for higher DSD rates. It is somewhat incorrect to say it wont't play DSD files over Ethernet, as this applies only to DSD128 and higher.
Sorry, to be more correct - My 380D Moon DAC doesn't support DSD but the Melco converts DSD to PCM on the fly when using USB. Unfortunately th MiND app doesn't control USB, only Ethernet, so I cannot play my DSD files. Unless there is a way to do it - you'd be my forever hero if you could suggest something!!
(08-01-2017 21:01)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2017 16:42)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Melco Man' pid='24303' dateline='1483817268']
I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?

Sorry, to be more correct - My 380D Moon DAC doesn't support DSD but the Melco converts DSD to PCM on the fly when using USB. Unfortunately th MiND app doesn't control USB, only Ethernet, so I cannot play my DSD files. Unless there is a way to do it - you'd be my forever hero if you could suggest something!!
[/quote
If I am reading the attachment correctly, I should be able to use the MiND app to listen via USB. But the icon they describe does not appear on my app, despite the fact that my Moon 380D DAC does have MiND built into it.
Any ideas?
(08-01-2017 21:15)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2017 16:42)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Melco Man' pid='24303' dateline='1483817268']

[/quote
If I am reading the attachment correctly, I should be able to use the MiND app to listen via USB. But the icon they describe does not appear on my app, despite the fact that my Moon 380D DAC does have MiND built into it.
Any ideas?
You have me confused. You say your 380D Dac does not support DSD, and features an internal Mind module. Is your 380D the current model in the Simaudio line of products (or could it be the original 380 (no trailing D) ? Is the firmware up to date ? Is the mind app up to date ? The version numbers can be obtained from the mind app by going to the Home> Zones. On my system, the mind module is at v. 1.37, and the Mind app at v. 1.3.2, and I can see the input switching icon at the bottom left of the display. Please report your version numbers.
(08-01-2017 22:27)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2017 17:11)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest version (Jan 5 2017) of the Simaudio Mind Controller app ? Not the nicest GUI, but it now offers solutions to display metadata. And it has supported gapless playback since the beginning.
[/quote
Any ideas?
You have me confused. You say your 380D Dac does not support DSD, and features an internal Mind module. Is your 380D the current model in the Simaudio line of products (or could it be the original 380 (no trailing D) ? Is the firmware up to date ? Is the mind app up to date ? The version numbers can be obtained from the mind app by going to the Home> Zones. On my system, the mind module is at v. 1.37, and the Mind app at v. 1.3.2, and I can see the input switching icon at the bottom left of the display. Please report your version numbers.
it is a Moon 380 D, app is version 1.3.2 and MiND version is 1.37...
(08-01-2017 22:38)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2017 22:27)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2017 20:57)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the latest Moon app and I think it is great. But it won't play DSD files over Ethernet and doesn't allow me to control the music via USB.
[/quote
Any ideas?
it is a Moon 380 D, app is version 1.3.2 and MiND version is 1.37...
I am afraid I am lost here. You have a 380D but you say it cannot play DSD, and the mind app does not show the input switcher icon. Maybe a hardware problem.
Going back to the original question, I know of one decent gapless playback supporting controller app for the iPad to use with standard UPnP/DLNA renderers such as the Moon MiND network player module for the 380D DAC - the Creation C5 app.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's