Post Reply 
How to handle Artist and Albumartist
22-12-2016, 14:44 (This post was last modified: 22-12-2016 16:00 by DavidHB.)
Post: #8
RE: How to handle Artist and Albumartist
(22-12-2016 14:09)aliasname Wrote:  Minim keeps 2 albums (same artist same albumtitle, different releases) separated from each other (another vital goody which is essential).
The bad thing, WMP mixes them all together again.
Am I right in assuming that I could adress this using the tagFormat by defining the .displayformat as it is now, but by also adding a .indexFormat?
Or must I go the hardware creating a customname for indexing which is a merger of rec.date, rel.date and albumtitle so that WMP won't get confused?

Simon advised that

"WMP is not a normal UPnP browser. It loads the complete library from MinimServer and ignores the MinimServer index settings. For artist information, WMP uses whatever it sees in the track metadata, which is the track artist by default."

This means that pretty much anything you set in MinimServer will be overridden by WMP. The moral, I fear, is that WMP is almost useless as a UPnP control point and renderer. There are alternatives, but without knowing more about your setup (and why you wish to use Windows Media Player at all), it is difficult to give specific advice.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: How to handle Artist and Albumartist - DavidHB - 22-12-2016 14:44

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)