Post Reply 
I feel silly asking, but, does minimserver do automatic rescans?
21-10-2016, 09:49
Post: #20
RE: I feel silly asking, but, does minimserver do automatic rescans?
(19-10-2016 01:35)Midpoint Wrote:  I do have additional questions about rescanning: (use QNAP and Lumin android App)Huh
1 After adding some new ripped CD’s I do a manual rescan on the QNAP, mostly the program stucks at status stopping, I must stop and restart the application on the QNAP app menu myself. I can live with that.
2 Sometimes (rather often) when adding cd files to a playlist, the app stucks, after the app returns I lost the option to select music from the folder structure. I must then rescan to repair the view of the folder structure.
Any idea what I do wrong. I appears when I add a CD (if adding an artist or genre it stucks anyway):
3 Genres are multiplied eg classic and Classic, I manual correct these tags with mp3tag Dodgy
4 after changing a lot of tags or e.g a filestructure I wonder if it is not better to empty the cache (Lumin App remove library), any adviceHuh
5 I have used the Logitech MS for more than 10 years, I would be happy if a new version of the mimimserver will support random play based on the selection of genres.Tongue

1) With "Manual Rescan" you mean via the MinimServer website?
2) No idea. I don't have this problem with Lumin on my iPad. Perhaps there is an issue with the Android version of Lumin? Have you tried an alternative control pint, like BubbleUPnP?
3) Yes, no-one said that ripped CDs would have correct metadata. Probably, these misspellings are flagged up in the MinimServer log. You may want to install MinimWatch on your desktop/laptop to check the log and refine your settings for MinimServer.
4) If I have done a lot of changes, every so often I let Lumin rescan its library. There is no harm in doing that, other than that it costs time. This is just so Lumin (or other control points) can more quickly retrieve the album art.
5) Sounds to me this is a thing to solve for the control point (i.e. Lumin), not the server. The server's task is to index your files and all the ways you desire. The control point is for selecting what tracks to play back in what order.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: I feel silly asking, but, does minimserver do automatic rescans? - Pepsican - 21-10-2016 09:49

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)