Post Reply 
WD MyCloud and Minimserver
24-09-2016, 02:12
Post: #41
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver
(11-06-2015 20:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 19:11)ac16161 Wrote:  Tried this, and although all appeared good in the terminal window, when I re-booted, Minimserver did not automatically start. Tried a couple of times, no joy. Not really an inconvenience though, re-boot events are not that common. For now using startd after a re-boot.

Thanks for letting me know.

It sounds like the My Book Live uses a nonstandard approach for controlling how programs are started automatically at reboot time. Without having a My Book Live for debugging and testing, there's not much I can do to find a solution for this.

The My Book Live seems to use standard Debian SysV init. But for some reason it doesn't start. It does start when I log in and run /etc/init.d/minimserver start. I've tried giving it S99 and adding some required starts as seen in the twonky init file. It also doesn't seem to parce rc.local. Maybe mybooklive is doing it's own custom init. But if you look at some other guides to installing squeezebox server and other things, they are using init.d. Kinda strange but I haven't had time to figure this out yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
WD MyCloud and Minimserver - wallydaw - 31-03-2015, 12:18
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 24-09-2016 02:12
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 21-10-2016, 13:35
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 07-04-2017, 20:21
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 16-03-2018, 22:06
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 15-09-2016, 15:16
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 16-09-2016, 02:01
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 20-10-2016, 05:49
RE: WD MyCloud and Minimserver - Soli - 21-10-2016, 02:31

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)