Post Reply 
Need Ratings tagging for Minimstreamer running on Synology DS415play
17-01-2016, 15:53
Post: #2
RE: Need Ratings tagging for Minimstreamer running on Synology DS415play
(17-01-2016 05:58)butterfly75 Wrote:  Newbie: I have a collection of 2,500 classical albums and would like to rate them with one to five stars the way I can in Musichi Player and in Synology File Station. Is there a tagging program that will work with Minimstreamer on Synology NAS? A brief search of postings mentioning tagging suggests that there is a "rating tag index." What is this, will it work for me and how would one find it? (Otherwise, I am doing all my tagging and editing with Musichi Suite).

The importance of this is not just defining a core collection, but being able to identify albums which I have not yet played. Or, is there thought to eventually providing this functionality with Minimstreamer? It would help just to be able to tag an album as having been played.

I would appreciate any help or comment.

Thank you.

I have moved this thread to the Support section of the forum because it relates to MinimServer, not MinimStreamer.

MinimServer reads tags but doesn't create or modify them. To add RATING tags to your files, you need to use a tagging program that supports this. You should be able to do this with Mp3tag (Windows). Metadatics (Mac) or puddletag (Linux).

After you have done this, you can add 'Rating' to the indexTags list in MinimServer to see the ratings for your files.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Ratings tagging for Minimstreamer running on Synology DS415play - simoncn - 17-01-2016 15:53

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)