Post Reply 
MinimServer/Kazoo/JPLAY6 Beta2
25-02-2015, 00:30
Post: #1
MinimServer/Kazoo/JPLAY6 Beta2
Hi Simon

I tried MinimServer/Kazoo with JPLAY6 Beta2. It sounded good but I had a few issues that I could solve. I posted these on the JPLAY Forum and Josef suggested I post them here for your attention. I would be grateful for any advice that you can offer. My post on the JPLAY Forum was as follows:

"Having tried to get MinimServer/Kazoo working, I reverted to foobar2000/MonkeyMote. I could not fix the following issues:

1. I have three external USB drives. Each drive has three directories, namely 16-Bit, HiRes and DSD. While I could import from one external drive, I could not import from the other two. I got a message in red (I can't recall the exact wording) asking me to correct the problem. The software obviously couldn't import from the other drives. Perhaps it couldn't see the other drives? Perhaps there is a limit to how many sources can be imported when using MinimServer. Reverting to foobar2000/MonkeyMote fixed the problem immediately and my entire collection of digital music was available.

2. Although I added the necessary line, I could not get MinimServer to add files from DSD directories. They were not imported. The files are DSF, created from SACD iso files using Sonore iso2dsd. These files play without any problems in foobar2000 with appropriate plugin.

3. When albums were imported, there were corruptions in the tag data, resulting in small squares being placed next to the Artist or Album Title. The track order was incorrectly imported with many albums. While all tracks played, they were played in the wrong order!

My inability to solve these issues is disappointing although I accept that JPLAY6 is a beta. I have no doubt that a definitive setup will be achieved in time. I hope this will be the case as the sound with MinimServer/Kazoo was very good and probably better than foobar2000/MonkeyMote. My system still sounds very good and while I would have liked to retain MinimServer/Kazoo, the challenges that it posed were not within my capability to solve. Either way, JPLAY6 is, to my ears, a significant improvement over JPLAY 5.2.1.

herman17

Thank you for your response regarding the small squares appearing in the tag data, perhaps caused by null characters. It may well be due to a bug in JRiver Media Center as I used this software until JRiver prevented its use in conjunction with JPLAY. When I reverted to fobar2000 from MinimServer, there were no apparent issues with the tags or playing order.

Josef

Thanks for your response. Is there any advantage in running foobar2000 with foobar with the UPnP plugin and Kazoo? Will this work? At present I am using MonkeyMote and would not change unless it was likely to bring about an improvement in sound quality."


Thanks for any replies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
MinimServer/Kazoo/JPLAY6 Beta2 - JazzDoc - 25-02-2015 00:30

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)