Post Reply 
Updates
21-01-2015, 16:40
Post: #6
RE: Updates
(21-01-2015 16:22)Martin H Wrote:  Thanks folks - everything is updated on the NAS now and working fine thank you.

I only mention these things for the benefit of anyone else but probably just me that is being dumb.

- I don't know how many times I have gone up and down the 8.3 minimserver release notes but I still can't see where it tells me to install it manually. There was a post I read earlier saying it was in there but . . . . it may be that I am just missing it and apologies if I am. with the new update feature will it do say 8.4 automatically or is it only the 8.3.x releases it handles?

- had followed the update instructions on that page. Got a little confused because it said if installed before June do this. According to my status page I had actually installed in June and so at first assumed I had to follow the other instruction but I actually needed to do the former to progress. I don't know if again I was missing, misunderstanding or misinterpreting anything but it was no big deal.

Apologies for the posts but I know this type of stuff has always helped me before.

If you select About from the minim icon, you will see a version ID such as

MinimServer r.r.r update uu

For changes to r.r.r (the release level), a reinstall is always needed. To make changes to uu (the update level), you can use either autoUpdate or MinimWatch.

When you check for updates, you will be told about later versions of uu. You won't be told about later versions of r.r.r. To find out about later versions of r.r.r, you can view the Downloads page or look for announcements in the General section of the forum.

This information is not specific to 0.8.3, so it doesn't appear in the release notes for 0.8.3.

I will think about how I can make this clearer for future releases.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Updates - Martin H - 21-01-2015, 14:18
RE: Updates - Martin H - 21-01-2015, 14:22
RE: Updates - simoncn - 21-01-2015, 15:06
RE: Updates - Peter@57m - 21-01-2015, 14:49
RE: Updates - Martin H - 21-01-2015, 16:22
RE: Updates - simoncn - 21-01-2015 16:40
RE: Updates - Martin H - 21-01-2015, 17:02
RE: Updates - simoncn - 21-01-2015, 17:24

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)