Post Reply 
New to Minim. Connot connect on linux, OS x fine
26-08-2014, 22:10 (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 22:12 by simoncn.)
Post: #3
RE: New to Minim. Connot connect on linux, OS x fine
(26-08-2014 16:20)pvds Wrote:  I installed MinimServer on a Proxmox virtual machine.

However, MinimWatch does not see the server, and neither does Linn Kinsky.
As a test I installed the Mac OS X version on my macbook. That runs fine, and is seen by MinimWatch and by Kinsky.

The only slight difference I see between the Mac OS X logfile and the Linux logfile is that OS X shows this extra line:
Code:
Startup complete

I am also seeing 'Startup complete' on Mac but not on Linux. I think this is because the Linux launcher uses the --noconsole option and the Mac launcher doesn't use this option. This isn't related to why you aren't seeing the Proxmox MinimServer instance from Kinsky or MinimWatch.

I think the problem is likely to be related to your networking subnet setup and how UPnP multicast discovery messages are routed. You might need to use the MinimServer ohnet.subnet property setting to make this work. Have you been able to run any other UPnP server in a Proxmox virtual machine and access it from Kinsky?

Edit: I just saw your follow-up post. I'm glad to hear you have solved the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Minim. Connot connect on linux, OS x fine - simoncn - 26-08-2014 22:10

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)