MinimServer Forum
Distortion at start of the first track - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Distortion at start of the first track (/showthread.php?tid=3859)

Pages: 1 2 3

Distortion at start of the first track - bbill - 29-01-2017 17:30

My configuration : Synology DS412+, MinimServer, MinimStreamer (flac:wav24;96, dsf:wav24;88), BubbleUPnP Server, iPad (Lumin app), and a Classé 2200I (Integrated amplifier - network connection with DNLA protocol)

The issue : I’m hearing garbled sounds at the very start of each first track of a record (never later on), all tracks are converted via minimstreamer (see above)
Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? I suspect its a network issue but not sure what to do ?

Tks for help (and sorry for my poor english..)
bbill

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - Pepsican - 30-01-2017 10:19

(29-01-2017 17:30)bbill Wrote:  My configuration : Synology DS412+, MinimServer, MinimStreamer (flac:wav24;96, dsf:wav24;88), BubbleUPnP Server, iPad (Lumin app), and a Classé 2200I (Integrated amplifier - network connection with DNLA protocol)

The issue : I’m hearing garbled sounds at the very start of each first track of a record (never later on), all tracks are converted via minimstreamer (see above)
Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? I suspect its a network issue but not sure what to do ?

Tks for help (and sorry for my poor english..)
bbill

And when you play the file un-transformed, do you have this too? I assume your FLAC is 16/44.1? Or is it all kinds of bitrates? What about your DSF? What version of FFMPEG do you use? Is it the standard one? What platform are you (Windows, MacOS, Synology, Qnap)?

I upsample my flac to 24 bit WAV and things are fine.

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - simoncn - 30-01-2017 10:56

Please try changing the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you still get the problem?

If this works OK, change the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24;' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you get the problem?

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - bbill - 04-02-2017 09:55

(30-01-2017 10:56)simoncn Wrote:  Please try changing the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you still get the problem?

If this works OK, change the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24;' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you get the problem?

Simon, Thank you for your support. I took some time to answer because, there is an improvement, but from time to time I still have the problem and only at the very start of the first track with flac:wav24 !! on the other hand dsf:wav24;88 is working without any problem ! It's maybe MinimServer/BubbleUpnP-Server issue ?

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - simoncn - 04-02-2017 10:26

(04-02-2017 09:55)bbill Wrote:  Simon, Thank you for your support. I took some time to answer because, there is an improvement, but from time to time I still have the problem and only at the very start of the first track with flac:wav24 !! on the other hand dsf:wav24;88 is working without any problem ! It's maybe MinimServer/BubbleUpnP-Server issue ?

I'm not sure from this whether 'flac:wav24;' (with a semicolon) is working any better than 'flac:wav24' (without a semicolon). Please confirm.

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - bbill - 04-02-2017 10:43

(04-02-2017 10:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 09:55)bbill Wrote:  Simon, Thank you for your support. I took some time to answer because, there is an improvement, but from time to time I still have the problem and only at the very start of the first track with flac:wav24 !! on the other hand dsf:wav24;88 is working without any problem ! It's maybe MinimServer/BubbleUpnP-Server issue ?

I'm not sure from this whether 'flac:wav24;' (with a semicolon) is working any better than 'flac:wav24' (without a semicolon). Please confirm.

the stream transcode used is :
flac:wav24, dsf:wav24;88

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - bbill - 04-02-2017 11:19

(04-02-2017 10:26)simoncn Wrote:  whether 'flac:wav24;' (with a semicolon) is working any better than 'flac:wav24' (without a semicolon). Please confirm.
with
flac:wav24;, dsf:wav24;88
I’m hearing some time garbled sounds (1 second) at the start of a flac track.. (dsf is ok !)

10' later with the same config, everything look's ok.. I do not understand ! Huh

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - simoncn - 04-02-2017 11:36

Is 'flac:wav24;' better than 'flac:wav24', or it is worse, or is there no difference?

If this happens at some times but not other times, it is likely to be caused by interference from other traffic on your network.

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - jaaptina - 04-02-2017 15:26

With my dacs I'm often missing a second or so of the first track of an album. This happens when the frequency of the tracks is different. Since I'm trancoding all to wav24;96 this is solved between albums. It still happens when changing from streaming Qobuz 44.1khz to Minimserver streaming wav24;96. I think this is a dac issue because I can hear the dac switching.

RE: Distortion at start of the first track - bbill - 06-02-2017 15:54

(04-02-2017 11:36)simoncn Wrote:  Is 'flac:wav24;' better than 'flac:wav24', or it is worse, or is there no difference?
no difference...
the actual stream.transcode is : flac:wav24;, dsf:wav24;88
from time to time, I still have the problem and only at the very start of a flac track