Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving Apple. folders to Lumin X1
24-07-2023, 14:49
RE: moving Apple. folders to Lumin X1
This means MinimServer was not able to find any folders under LaCie Music that contain audio files.

In the screenshot you posted of the LaCie Music folder, there is a folder under this named SACD CLASSICAL. If you open this folder in Finder, what do you see?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2023, 17:55
240+ SACDs
24-07-2023, 18:14
Are you seeing 240+ album folders with each folder containing .dsf or .dff files for the album tracks?
24-07-2023, 19:45
No.. different numbers for each genre. Classical was/is my largest folder.
24-07-2023, 20:54
Sorry that my question was not clear.

In the SACD CLASSICAL folder, do you see a number of album folders and does each of these album folders contain a number of .dsf or .dff files for the album tracks?
25-07-2023, 00:36
All that I opened are ‘dsf’…maybe 20/20
25-07-2023, 09:34
Thanks for confirming this.

I think there might be something about how the LaCie drive is accsessed from your Mac that is causing a problem when MinimServer tries to access it to read the folders and files that it contains. When you boot your Mac and access this drive from Finder, do you need to enter a password to get access?
25-07-2023, 12:53 (This post was last modified: 25-07-2023 19:35 by calloway.)
No sir.. remember .. I had all these albums available on my X1 with the LaCie 2 HD … and the LaCie Music folder with sub folders before I bought and transferred that music… I thought.. to my new IMac. All those albums were there on the LUMIN app in the folders section
25-07-2023, 21:19
You say that you have transferred the LaCie SACD music to your new iMac. Did you copy this music from the LaCie drive to your new iMac HDD/SSD or is it still on the same LaCie drive attached to your new iMac via USB?
26-07-2023, 00:26 (This post was last modified: 26-07-2023 15:38 by calloway.)
I guess that’s a good question.when I had Apple , at their Genius Bar,copy everything from my previous iMac to my current new iMac I assumed the LaCie2 / LaCie Music and SACDs came with it. Now…I do have my LaCie2 HD attached vie usb to my current new iMac .did reattaching the LaCie 2 HD screw up anything by reattaching it to the new iMac after the transferring of the old iMacs information?….Simon.. I had a pop up come on my iMac about my LaCie2 HD. I called Apple Support and they checked it out and informed me that I was 2 updates behind and that that may be the reason we have been having a problem with the transfer of the LaCie Music albums.I am currently going through the update process which may take a while with my slow internet speed. Will touch base tomorrow and proceed with whatever you think would be worth repeating. Calloway…. Simon, I looked at my computer this morning and that pop-up was still there. I will get in touch with the Apple support people tonight and hopefully fix the problem.