MinimServer Forum

Full Version: moving Apple. folders to Lumin X1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
question...I have an Apple iMac that I bought about 2 months ago. when I bought it I transferred all my information from my previous iMac into the new one. In my previous iMac the 400 or too SCAD albums that exist within folders in 'Finder', that are separated into genre folders ..about 6 or so, populated my Lumin X1 in the folder icon within the Lumin app.when I wanted to play them I simply touched the Folder icon and chose whichever genre folder and subsequently album that I wanted to play and sat back and enjoyed..fast forward to the present...post transfer to my new iMac.......the Sacd folders did not make the move but are still present within the 'Finder' section of my iMac .how do I move them to my X1 so I can play them once again..??if possible ...simplicity would be great as I am not a big IT guy..thanks I. advance..calloway
You should check if contentDir in Minimserver configuration (Properties/Server) points to the right folder.
(16-07-2023 09:40)stefano_mbp Wrote: [ -> ]You should check if contentDir in Minimserver configuration (Properties/Server) points to the right folder.

where would I find 'contentDir' and Properties/Server ??sorry if this is a stupid question
If you’re running Minimserver 2.2 you can type in your browser
ip-address:9790 where ip-address is the address of the pc/Mac on which you’re running Minimserver
or
if Minimserver is running on your iMac click on the note icon and select Properties from the menu
(16-07-2023 15:58)stefano_mbp Wrote: [ -> ]If you’re running Minimserver 2.2 you can type in your browser
ip-address:9790 where ip-address is the address of the pc/Mac on which you’re running Minimserver
or
if Minimserver is running on your iMac click on the note icon and select Properties from the menu
Stefano_mbp..calloway here..thanks for the help..I did as you suggested as I do have Minimserverv 2.2...I did click on the note icon and selected 'properties from the menu...what comes up is a box with ContentDir/users/dsmith/Music with a + and a - out to the side. aso ..under that is /volumes/LaCie2/LaCie Music with a - and + to the right of that also.below is display name MinimServer {iMac}....Lacie2 is the name of my Hard Drive where my SACDs are located in 'Finder' in my iMac.what to do next...?..Again..thanks for all your help..
A rescan should be enough:
Click on the note icon and from the menu select Rescan
The note icon should turn to yellow (this is the color while rescanning) and after few minutes it should turn back to White
Your SACD tracks should be now visible in your control point app
(17-07-2023 07:06)stefano_mbp Wrote: [ -> ]A rescan should be enough:
Click on the note icon and from the menu select Rescan
The note icon should turn to yellow (this is the color while rescanning) and after few minutes it should turn back to White
Your SACD tracks should be now visible in your control point app
Stefano...I did as you suggested and I do not see my SACDs...'control point app.???..I opened my Lumia app and tried to access the folder icon and the rest without any success with my SACD albums..calloway
What type are the files? Not .iso I hope, as Minims cannot read .iso files
Stefano..calloway...was I supposed to hit one or both of the '+' options in the drop downs ?I did not do either last night. i just hit 'rescan'.if so..which of the '+' options should I hit and if both which on first..?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's