Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TagFormat is not working properly
07-01-2023, 13:16
RE: TagFormat is not working properly
Wow, now it works!!!!

I need a look, if I find differences between now and before in the settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2023, 13:32
I thought, it is related to "showExtras".

If that is on "true" I always see the year.
If it is on "false" they are gone.

But if on "true", I also see for Test-6 (two years) > "Album-1 [20032004]" Dodgy

And these ">> Tag-view" things.

I uploaded the files here:
https://c.1und1.de/@519811899336955608/a...uT8Ha6QSlg
PW: Bubble
07-01-2023, 13:50 (This post was last modified: 07-01-2023 13:52 by simbun.)
(07-01-2023 13:02)ischowam Wrote:  If I delete the "Date" in indexTags, I get an error while scanning.
"Incorrect tag name in DATE in tagFormat ..."
Because you're referring to Date in your tagFormat you have to reference Date in either indexTags or itemTags.

(07-01-2023 13:32)ischowam Wrote:  I thought, it is related to "showExtras".
I see it too now! @simoncn may be able to help with the why.

(07-01-2023 13:32)ischowam Wrote:  But if on "true", I also see for Test-6 (two years) > "Album-1 [20032004]" Dodgy
MinimServer identifies albums by AlbumArtist (or Artist if AlbumArtist is empty) and Album, and if that album has been tagged with multiple Dates they get concatenated, which is what you're seeing.

(07-01-2023 13:32)ischowam Wrote:  And these ">> Tag-view" things.
These simply allow you to switch back to tag-view (normal MinimServer indexes). Out of interest, why do you use folder-view? I know people do, but I've never understood it myself.
07-01-2023, 17:12 (This post was last modified: 07-01-2023 19:00 by simbun.)
I've had a look and I'm giving up now as it's giving me a headache ;-)

It appears that when 'showExtras=false' BubbleUPnP is getting the album name from the file itself.
I changed the Dates of the test files so that they were unique across folders so I could more easily test what was going on, and then changed my profile settings to:
Code:
album.displayFormat={$Date}
showExtras=false
Then using MinimWatch set log level to trace, and even though BubbleUPnP is showing 'Album-1' there's no mention of it in the log at all, just '<upnp:album>2007</upnp:album>' from the DIDL.

When I change it to:
Code:
showExtras=true
It correctly shows the displayFormat value of 2007!

Very strange.

In trying to determine if BubbleUPnP was accessing the files, I enabled '*RecentPlayed' and noticed that all the files that I had browsed to had been added (which doesn't happen with Hi-Fi Cast), but in both cases (showExtras = true and false), which I wasn't expecting. Probably not good for Recently Played functionality either.
07-01-2023, 19:09
(07-01-2023 13:50)simbun Wrote:  Out of interest, why do you use folder-view? I know people do, but I've never understood it myself.

I guess the answer would be: Because I do not overlook and understand all tagging-functionalities of Minimserver, in order to manage every "speciality" of my grouping of tracks/files in my library.
So the easiest was, to use folders.
08-01-2023, 09:29
There are more reasons for me to use folder view:

1) I have different parts (directories) of music. My main folder with self ripped and bought music and some others with wild copied stuff. My main music is well tagged and could work for tagged browsing. But the other stuff is chaotic regarding tags. With folder view I can enter the main folder and so leave out all the chaotic stuff from browsing.

2) Some artists do occur with different names. like: Prince, Prince & The Revolution, Prince & The NPG, and so on. In folder view all these albums are combined in only one folder „Prince“. In artist tag browsing I do have many different entries for this artist. Another example is Beatles vs The Beatles.

3) Even in my main music folder the genres are quite chaotic. There are way too many entries like Rock, Hard Rock, Hard-Rock, Alternate, Alternative, Alternative Rock, Alt-Rock and so on. In folder view I have only 7 genre sub folders that do combine many sub genres together. It would mean much work to clean this up. It is much more simple to use the folder view. Here I know where I can find my music.
08-01-2023, 11:03
(07-01-2023 19:09)ischowam Wrote:  
(07-01-2023 13:50)simbun Wrote:  Out of interest, why do you use folder-view? I know people do, but I've never understood it myself.

I guess the answer would be: Because I do not overlook and understand all tagging-functionalities of Minimserver, in order to manage every "speciality" of my grouping of tracks/files in my library.
So the easiest was, to use folders.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Tag browsing is more visually rich and much more functional (depending on what tags you have available of course), so if you did ever want to experiment the best thing to do would probably be to let us know how you populate your tags e.g. if you only populate albumartist when there's more than one track artist on the album; one album per folder e.t.c., and we can come up with a profile for you to experiment with. If on the other hand you don't want anything to do with tagging, then folder-view may be exactly what you need!

I would think the BubbleUPnP behaviour is a bug, but it obviously has to interface with a lot of servers so there may be a reason it's doing it that way. @bubbleguuum does frequent these forums so he may see this, or it might be worth mentioning it on the BubbleUPnP support forums (I'd include a link to one of these posts so it's easier for him to understand).
08-01-2023, 11:37
(08-01-2023 09:29)tarnkappe Wrote:  There are more reasons for me to use folder view:

1) I have different parts (directories) of music. My main folder with self ripped and bought music and some others with wild copied stuff. My main music is well tagged and could work for tagged browsing. But the other stuff is chaotic regarding tags. With folder view I can enter the main folder and so leave out all the chaotic stuff from browsing.
If there's truly no tagging standard that you can apply to the chaotic files then that's a perfect use case. For your main music I guess you could switch to '>> Tag View' once you've navigated via folder-view, or if there's a tag (or absence of a tag) that distinguishes between the two sources you could add a filter at the top level to filter these in/out.

(08-01-2023 09:29)tarnkappe Wrote:  2) Some artists do occur with different names. like: Prince, Prince & The Revolution, Prince & The NPG, and so on. In folder view all these albums are combined in only one folder „Prince“. In artist tag browsing I do have many different entries for this artist. Another example is Beatles vs The Beatles.
I do a very similar thing; I have the track artist appear as it would have on the CD at the time it was pressed, but have AlbumArtist consolidated (as of today), because it's the only artist tag I use for browsing. I don't think since I've been ripping that I've had a name change on me but having a single place to modify names should it happen is quite nice. I know MusicBrainz has the alias history, so maybe I can change the AlbumArtist back to what it was at the time of release and use the MusicBrainz data to generate a tagUpdate script for a consolidated view.

(08-01-2023 09:29)tarnkappe Wrote:  3) Even in my main music folder the genres are quite chaotic. There are way too many entries like Rock, Hard Rock, Hard-Rock, Alternate, Alternative, Alternative Rock, Alt-Rock and so on. In folder view I have only 7 genre sub folders that do combine many sub genres together. It would mean much work to clean this up. It is much more simple to use the folder view. Here I know where I can find my music.
Yes genre is a mess, but you could have easily changed it in the tags when you were ripping, or change it now derived from the folder names. If you're worried about some automation overriding your values you can always call it something other than genre and rename it in MinimServer.
08-01-2023, 19:07
(08-01-2023 11:03)simbun Wrote:  I would think the BubbleUPnP behaviour is a bug, but it obviously has to interface with a lot of servers so there may be a reason it's doing it that way. @bubbleguuum does frequent these forums so he may see this, or it might be worth mentioning it on the BubbleUPnP support forums (I'd include a link to one of these posts so it's easier for him to understand).

I have made @bubbleguuum aware of this issue.
08-01-2023, 19:20
(08-01-2023 19:07)simoncn Wrote:  I have made @bubbleguuum aware of this issue.

Thank you very much