MinimServer Forum

Full Version: TagFormat is not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello forum

As I'm not sure, where the reason could lie, I start here in this forum.

I am using Minimserver 2.1 (full license) on a Synolog NAS and in this case Bubble as control app.
My files are ordered by folders for each artist, album...
Therfor I am using the folder-view of minimserver.

I have created this TagFormat code, which works well for the title name incl. durage and file-format, but not for the album-name incl. year of publishing. It had worked in HifiCast, if I remember right.

album.displayFormat={$album^^ $Date^[^]^}, title.displayFormat={$title^^$#AudioDuration^ ^^$#AudioFormat^ | ^^}

Only for some albums the album-name tag is displayed correctly with the year in Bubble.
If I enter an album-folder, I even sometimes see the year for a second, but then it vanishs and stays away.

I rescanned and refreshed several times already.
Other changes are updated, but not this.

Does someone has an idea what the reason could be and how I could solve this issue?

Regards
Georg
(05-01-2023 14:02)ischowam Wrote: [ -> ]Therfor I am using the folder-view of minimserver.

I have created this TagFormat code, which works well for the title name incl. durage and file-format, but not for the album-name incl. year of publishing. It had worked in HifiCast, if I remember right.

album.displayFormat={$album^^ $Date^[^]^}, title.displayFormat={$title^^$#AudioDuration^ ^^$#AudioFormat^ | ^^}

Only for some albums the album-name tag is displayed correctly with the year in Bubble.
If I enter an album-folder, I even sometimes see the year for a second, but then it vanishs and stays away.
If you're using folder-view then I believe the only place you'll see the formatted album values are on the Now Playing screen in BubbleUPnP, is that where you're not seeing it?
I've tried your settings and everything seems fine to me.
Hello

Basically I am seeing it everywhere yes and no.

You could say, I see it for some albums and their files and for many albums I do not see it.

If I can see it in files, I see it everywhere (library, playlist now playing) and the other way round.

Georg
(05-01-2023 16:44)ischowam Wrote: [ -> ]If I can see it in files, I see it everywhere (library, playlist now playing) and the other way round.

If you browse to the files where you're not seeing the correct 'album [year]' presented, then click on the 3 vertical dots next to one of the files and select 'Show Metadata', what values for Album and Year are on the subsequent screen?
Year visible:
Album: name + year
Year: correct figure

Year not visible:
Album: only name (no dear)
Year: correct figure

Meanwhile I deinstalled Bubble completely to clear any cache orlocalyy saved data.
After reinstalling same as before.

I believe, it is an issue with Bubble.
Looking at the metadata of an file, where I cannot see the year in Bubble, Hifi-Cast shows it with album name + year
The only thing I can think of is that there's a funky character at the end of the album name (linebreak or carriage return). Is this a possibility?

What software do you use to tag your files, and what platform are you on?
To get it weird:
If I check the metadata of an file without year (in folder view) I see album-name + year in album-view.

And as said:
With Hifi-Cast it works for all files as expected (in folder-view)

I am on Windows 10.
Tags are written while ripping by Exact Audio Copy.
If I need to maintain something I use Mp3tag.

I though It might be a difference between tag-version "FLAC (FLAC)" and "FLAC (FLAC ID3v2 ID3v1)", but that makes no difference.
(05-01-2023 17:58)ischowam Wrote: [ -> ]To get it weird:
If I check the metadata of an file without year (in folder view) I see album-name + year in album-view.
In folder view you won't see 'album [year]' as I explained earlier, you'll just see the folder name unless you're looking at the Now Playing screen.

Are you saying that in tag view everything is ok?

I have Hi-Fi cast so I'll have a look at folder view there.
The behaviour for me is the same for both BubbleUPnP and Hi-FI Cast.
As soon as I descend into [folder view] everything presented below that (as long as you don't choose to switch to '>> Tag View' is just the name of the folders found under the content directory until you get to the files where you'll see your title.displayFormat presented. Album.displayFormat isn't even on the Now Playing screen in Hi-Fi Cast, to see Album.displayFormat I need to traverse the non-'[folder view]' indexes.

Maybe a screenshot would be useful?
But on folder-view and on file-level I see the album-name + year (see screenshot)
Or are you talking about something else?

And an additional one showing the "Now PLaying" in Hifi-Cast

I changed the "|" to "[]" as I once tried if the "[]" could be missunderstood.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's