Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TagFormat is not working properly
05-01-2023, 18:26 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023 18:38 by simbun.)
RE: TagFormat is not working properly
(05-01-2023 18:14)ischowam Wrote:  But on folder-view and on file-level I see the album-name + year (see screenshot)
Or are you talking about something else?

Ah, on a tablet/landscape, I see the album name there too now :-)

On your display there seems to be a lot of room between the album name and the year where I would only expect one space from your displayFormat. Might be worth looking at the MinimServer log output to see what's being sent to the control points.

How many albums are affected (roughly, or a percentage). Have you ruled out an extra character at the end of the album name?

"FLAC (FLAC ID3v2 ID3v1)" means that your files have ID3 tags in a FLAC file, which they shouldn't (you may have 'Add ID3 tag' selected in EAC), are you sure this couldn't be related? Are you seeing incorrect album names for files reported just as "FLAC (FLAC)"?

EDIT: If you wanted to remove the ID3 tags from FLAC files using mp3tag refer to this post (try on a copy first of course).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2023, 18:56
(05-01-2023 18:26)simbun Wrote:  Ah, on a tablet/landscape, I see the album name there too now :-)
Very good. I already thought I am totally on the wrong track :-)

(05-01-2023 18:26)simbun Wrote:  On your display there seems to be a lot of room between the album name and the year where I would only expect one space from your displayFormat. Might be worth looking at the MinimServer log output to see what's being sent to the control points.
Ahhh, in my first post the blanks have been deleted as I did not format it as code. That's how it looks like
Code:
album.displayFormat={$album^^      $Date^[ ^ ]^}, title.displayFormat={$title^^$#AudioDuration^       ^^$#AudioFormat^  |  ^^}
I cleared the log and rescaned. There are only some warnings for some files with faulty tags. But these are different ones to those I am using for testing. And further warnings, that paths are not correct in one playlist (known)

(05-01-2023 18:26)simbun Wrote:  How many albums are affected (roughly, or a percentage). Have you ruled out an extra character at the end of the album name?
No idea, to be honest. I believe the majority ouf of 28k files (acc. log)
I checked about 20 folders so far and maybe only 3-4 showed the year.

(05-01-2023 18:26)simbun Wrote:  Are you seeing incorrect album names for files reported just as "FLAC (FLAC)"?
Yes, that's what I tried out.
First I thought only files with ID3 Tag show the year, but any files with ID3 even do not show the year.
Andafter changing files from ID3 and showing the year to Flac(FLAC) only they still show the year.
05-01-2023, 19:45 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023 19:47 by ischowam.)
I spent some time on clicking through the folders and comparing the files and the content of the folders, if seeing the year or not.

I recognized the following, which I can reproduce meanwhile:
If there are files in one folder with different album-names, the year is displayed.
If all have the same album-name and all files have different tags, the year is not displayed.

Examples:
I do not use the disc-no-tag, but usually put all tracks of a double-album into one folder and add a "CD1" or "CD2" to the album-name > year is displayed

There is a mix of tracks from various albums in one folder > year is displayed

If there is a Bonus-Disc, I put a "(Bonus)" or similar to the album-name > year is displayed

An interesting example:
All files have the same album-name.
Two files have exactly the same tags, but different files names (I wrongly tagged hidden files in the same way as the last unhidden track) > year is displayed
After correcting the tag of the hidden file, so that all files have different tags > year is not displayed anymore

That aso explains why I sometimes at first saw the year for a moment: it took a second to scan all tags.

So far so good.
But why is Bubble behaving like this?
I guess I need to switch to a Bubble-Forum now unless someone here has a solution how to prevent this. :-)
05-01-2023, 20:39
(05-01-2023 19:45)ischowam Wrote:  If all have the same album-name and all files have different tags, the year is not displayed.
Assuming that you mean different TRACKNUMBERs and TITLEs when you say 'different tags' then this is how albums should be stored (one CD per folder), it's how I store all mine and it's working fine for me.

(05-01-2023 19:45)ischowam Wrote:  An interesting example:
Two files have exactly the same tags, but different files names (I wrongly tagged hidden files in the same way as the last unhidden track) > year is displayed
Do you mean they have the same tags except the TITLE tag?

(05-01-2023 19:45)ischowam Wrote:  After correcting the tag of the hidden file, so that all files have different tags > year is not displayed anymore
Unless I'm mistaken you're saying:
one folder
all share same album name, album artist and date
different track numbers and titles

If that's the case, then it's back to how I store all my music and it works for me.

Seems like there's a lot of moving parts here, the best thing to do (for help here or on the BubbleUPnP forum) would be to create an album with just a few tracks that exhibits this behaviour and then export the relevant tags to a txt file so one can replicate the scenario.
If you've got ffmpeg installed you could do that from the command line with:
Code:
cd [directory of music files]
del minim_tags.txt 2>nul
for %f in (*.flac) do (
  echo ## %f >> minim_tags.txt
  ffprobe -v warning -show_entries "format_tags=ALBUM_ARTIST,ALBUM,DISC,TRACK,TITLE,DATE" -of default=noprint_wrappers=1 "%f" >> minim_tags.txt
)
This assumes ffmpeg/ffprobe is in your PATH, otherwise you will need to prefix ffprobe with the path.
I'm only outputting the relavant tags but that can be extended if you think other tags are pertinent.

Or, if you can create truncated versions of the files (using foobar2000, sox e.t.c.) then you can put them on a fileshare somewhere.
05-01-2023, 23:22
(05-01-2023 20:39)simbun Wrote:  
(05-01-2023 19:45)ischowam Wrote:  If all have the same album-name and all files have different tags, the year is not displayed.
Assuming that you mean different TRACKNUMBERs and TITLEs when you say 'different tags' then this is how albums should be stored (one CD per folder), it's how I store all mine and it's working fine for me.
I am talking about the last example below.

(05-01-2023 19:45)ischowam Wrote:  An interesting example:
Do you mean they have the same tags except the TITLE tag?
No, even that had been the same. Only the filename differed.
It was Nirvana's "Nevermind", which has a hidden track. The last track continues playing silence until music starts again. I split them into two tracks and just renamed the file. Both files had identical tags (also title and track-no)
The year was visible.
I corrected the title and tracknumer: the year disappered

(05-01-2023 19:45)ischowam Wrote:  After correcting the tag of the hidden file, so that all files have different tags > year is not displayed anymore
Unless I'm mistaken you're saying:
one folder
all share same album name, album artist and date
different track numbers and titles
Exactly!

(05-01-2023 20:39)simbun Wrote:  Seems like there's a lot of moving parts here, the best thing to do (for help here or on the BubbleUPnP forum) would be to create an album with just a few tracks that exhibits this behaviour and then export the relevant tags to a txt file so one can replicate the scenario.
I agree. It is hard to describe and - for the reader - to follow.
With Mp3Tag it is possible to export the tags-data into a TXT.
05-01-2023, 23:27
But anyhow:
Thank you very much so far for your patience and willing to understand what I am talking about. Now I know at least, that the TagFormat itself is correct.

Basically it helped to talk to someone about it. Big Grin

I will try to prepare some files at the weekend.
05-01-2023, 23:48
(05-01-2023 23:27)ischowam Wrote:  No, even that had been the same. Only the filename differed.
It was Nirvana's "Nevermind", which has a hidden track. The last track continues playing silence until music starts again. I split them into two tracks and just renamed the file. Both files had identical tags (also title and track-no)
The year was visible.
I corrected the title and tracknumer: the year disappered
I was helping someone out the other day on a different forum to split that track out, so I know it well. Will take another look in the morning.

(05-01-2023 23:27)ischowam Wrote:  I agree. It is hard to describe and - for the reader - to follow.
With Mp3Tag it is possible to export the tags-data into a TXT.
Didn't think of that, yes that would do it.

(05-01-2023 23:27)ischowam Wrote:  Thank you very much so far for your patience and willing to understand what I am talking about. Now I know at least, that the TagFormat itself is correct.

Basically it helped to talk to someone about it. Big Grin

I will try to prepare some files at the weekend.
Not a problem. Attach them to a post whenever you get a chance and I'll replicate them this end. I can't imagine it'll be profile related, but that might be the next step.
07-01-2023, 11:44
I now tested it a bit one by one and come to the following conclusion/summary:

I created 3 testfiles per folder and used these tags:
- artist
- album
- track title
- track no
- year

Only in these cases Bubble UPnP shows the customed tag with "album [year]" (some blanks are removed in this post):

1: within the 3 files there appear more than one album-name (Test-2)
2: within the 3 files there appears a track-no twice (Test-4)

I attached a TXT-file showing the tags.

I also could provide a ZIP-File with my testfiles (only silence in it) including a folder-tree, but it is too large for being attached (5,4 MB)

Attached File(s)
.txt  New export file.txt (Size: 1.99 KB / Downloads: 3)
07-01-2023, 12:31
I've just created Test 5 at the moment and it works fine for me (see attached image - it's ugly as it's landscape from a phone).

I reset my profile and added just your tagFormat changes along with '#AudioDuration, #AudioFormat' to itemTags. This may be worth doing your end after you've backed up your existing config to rule out any other profile settings.

Before we go any further, what versions of BubbleUPnP and MinimServer are you using?

If you could upload those files to an external site like dropbox, googledrive e.t.c and link them here that would help a lot.

07-01-2023, 13:02 (This post was last modified: 07-01-2023 13:05 by ischowam.)
I am using Minimserver 2.1.2 update 218
Bubble UPnP 3.7.1

If I delete the "Date" in indexTags, I get an error while scanning.
"Incorrect tag name in DATE in tagFormat ..."

indexTags
Date, #AudioFormat, #Audioduration

Is there are way to start with default preferences in Miniwatch?
Edit: found it :-)