Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
02-03-2015, 01:03
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(01-03-2015 23:57)Reg Wrote:  Thanks Simon and Pastim

I've looked at the Naim link and changed the stream converter setting to simply ffmpeg rather than c/etc etc ffmpeg.
the Radio 3 folder I've set up contains the sample folder from the site and was created in Notepad and saved as a *.txt file called radio 3.m3u I don't think that's RTF
I've restarted Minim and rescanned yet again but nothing shows within the folder in Bubble and in Naim it just says "no results"
Any further help greatly appreciated

Please check the MinimServer log for error or warning messages.

Do you see a playlist named "Radio 3" underneath "1 playlist" in the MinimServer top-level menu?

Some people have accidentally added a space at the start of each line in the .m3u file while copying and pasting. Please check that you haven't done this.

Can you zip the exact .m3u file that you are using and attach it to a post here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2015, 10:26
(02-03-2015 00:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 23:22)Zeewier Wrote:  Minimserver won't allow me to do that: "Transcode setting aac:L16 requires a converter; correct highlighted value and retry"

You need to do the following:

1) Download ffmpeg for Mac from this site
2) Copy the ffmpeg executable to your home directory
3) Set the stream.converter property to /Users/your-user-name/ffmpeg

After you have done this, you will be able to set the stream.transcode property to aac:L16.

That has worked, many thanks. This setting solved the problem mentioned earlier of two Avox radios (Color, TMA1) not being able to play a BBC stream the first time. First tests have shown that playing now starts immediately.
02-03-2015, 13:23

.zip  BBC Radio.m3u.sample.zip (Size: 489 bytes / Downloads: 2)

Hi Simon
Thanks for your reply. I do not see the playlist (though I don't usually use them and prefer to work direct from folders) What I see is the folder (BBC Radio) which Minim has gone to but when I open it nothing shows (I gues because there are no music files in it)

The zipped file I have in the BBC Radio folder is attached as requested

Many thanks

Reg
02-03-2015, 13:43
(02-03-2015 13:23)Reg Wrote:  Hi Simon
Thanks for your reply. I do not see the playlist (though I don't usually use them and prefer to work direct from folders) What I see is the folder (BBC Radio) which Minim has gone to but when I open it nothing shows (I gues because there are no music files in it)

Many thanks

Reg
I assume the file in your playlist folder is called something like 'BBC Radio.m3u'? And when you use your control point you are looking in the Playlist section of the menu?
02-03-2015, 14:19
(02-03-2015 13:43)Pastim Wrote:  

Many thanks

Reg
I assume the file in your playlist folder is called something like 'BBC Radio.m3u'? And when you use your control point you are looking in the Playlist section of the menu?

Thanks Pastim.

The txt file is called BBC Radio.m3u.sample.
I do not use Playlists (have never found them helpful for the sort of music I listen to) so go to Folders and load from there which works beautifully for my music in Minim through Bubble (preferably) or Naim
02-03-2015, 14:23 (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 16:23 by Pastim.)
(02-03-2015 14:19)Reg Wrote:  

Many thanks

Reg

Thanks Pastim.

I do not use Playlists (have never found them helpful for the sort of music I listen to) so go to Folders and load from there which works beautifully for my music in Minim through Bubble (preferably) or Naim
First take the '.sample.' off the file name.

This is a playlist. You may not use them, but this is one and will appear in your minimserver playlist menu. Take a look.
02-03-2015, 15:59
(02-03-2015 14:23)Pastim Wrote:  

Many thanks

Reg

Thanks Pastim.

Take the

This is a playlist. You may not use them, but this is one and will appear in your minimserver playlist menu. Take a look.

Thanks for your immense patience Pastim

I have taken the word "sample" away and installed the URLs from Post 35. I now see the stations under the Playlist but when I try to play I get Illegal MIME type Error 714, which means nothing to me I'm afraid. But does it give a clue as to a change to be made somewhere isn Minim

Once again many thanks
02-03-2015, 16:27
(02-03-2015 15:59)Reg Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 14:23)Pastim Wrote:  

Many thanks

Reg

Thanks Pastim.

Take the

Thanks for your immense patience Pastim

I have taken the word "sample" away and installed the URLs from Post 35. I now see the stations under the Playlist but when I try to play I get Illegal MIME type Error 714, which means nothing to me I'm afraid. But does it give a clue as to a change to be made somewhere isn Minim

Once again many thanks
Try editing the playlist so that each entry looks like:
Code:
#EXTINF:-1,[*R1;aac] BBC Radio 1
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_one.m3u8
#EXTINF:-1,[*R1X;aac] BBC Radio 1Xtra
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_1xtra.m3u8
and so on. The addition is the ";aac" string in each #EXTINF entry.

Failing that, go back to the instructions on setting up a Naim streamer as posted earlier.

Good luck!
02-03-2015, 19:13
(02-03-2015 15:59)Reg Wrote:  I have taken the word "sample" away and installed the URLs from Post 35. I now see the stations under the Playlist but when I try to play I get Illegal MIME type Error 714, which means nothing to me I'm afraid. But does it give a clue as to a change to be made somewhere isn Minim

Where are you seeing this 714 message?

Are you using the Naim app or BubbleUPnP to play the stream?

Do you have aac:L16 in the stream.transcode property?
02-03-2015, 20:35
(02-03-2015 19:13)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 15:59)Reg Wrote:  I have taken the word "sample" away and installed the URLs from Post 35. I now see the stations under the Playlist but when I try to play I get Illegal MIME type Error 714, which means nothing to me I'm afraid. But does it give a clue as to a change to be made somewhere isn Minim

Where are you seeing this 714 message?

Are you using the Naim app or BubbleUPnP to play the stream?

Do you have aac:L16 in the stream.transcode property?

Simon

In Bubble. If I go Playlist>BBC Radio 3>add to playlist>play.... at which point up comes the 714 message
in Naim, no message appears; just silence
I have stream. transcode set at *:L16

Reg