Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MInimServer doesn't restart
17-11-2014, 18:11
RE: MInimServer doesn't restart
(17-11-2014 17:50)davidp Wrote:  Yes it's 8.01 JRE_ARM and QNAP 4.1.1 (Build 20141101) - I'd copied some files over from a Mac using AFP which had been unstable but with the last two QNAP firmware updates and Yosemite seemed to be doing OK - I ran a 'check file system' just to be safe and I also rebooted the NASdrive which is when MS stopped serving.

It might be a good idea to uninstall both JRE_ARM and MinimServer completely and then reinstall them (in that order). If any installation files are damaged, this should repair them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 23:02
RE: MInimServer doesn't restart
(17-11-2014 12:00)davidp Wrote:  Initially installed MS alongside Twonky but soon disabled Twonky - MS running fine.
Check file system required a server reboot on QNAP TS-412.
Minim Server now will not launch but gives error Safari cannot open page XXX.168.0.9:9790 because Safari can't connect to server "XXX.168.0.9".
Tried all startup troubleshooting tips but same error message every time. Twonky sever is working fine on another port and clearly Safari can connect to the server. Minim Watch icon grey.
Any suggestions to get going again please as I really, really liked MS when it was running.
David P

I had the same exact issue today with Synology and Minimserver 8.2. I believe it might have been caused by a DSM software upgrade that rebooted the NAS.

I was able to shutdown everything and bring it all back, one operation at a time. Minimserver and Minimwatch are both back up and working fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply