MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MInimServer doesn't restart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Initially installed MS alongside Twonky but soon disabled Twonky - MS running fine.
Check file system required a server reboot on QNAP TS-412.
Minim Server now will not launch but gives error Safari cannot open page XXX.168.0.9:9790 because Safari can't connect to server "XXX.168.0.9".
Tried all startup troubleshooting tips but same error message every time. Twonky sever is working fine on another port and clearly Safari can connect to the server. Minim Watch icon grey.
Any suggestions to get going again please as I really, really liked MS when it was running.
David P
(17-11-2014 12:00)davidp Wrote: [ -> ]Initially installed MS alongside Twonky but soon disabled Twonky - MS running fine.
Check file system required a server reboot on QNAP TS-412.
Minim Server now will not launch but gives error Safari cannot open page XXX.168.0.9:9790 because Safari can't connect to server "XXX.168.0.9".
Tried all startup troubleshooting tips but same error message every time. Twonky sever is working fine on another port and clearly Safari can connect to the server. Minim Watch icon grey.
Any suggestions to get going again please as I really, really liked MS when it was running.
David P

There was a problem with MinimServer 0.8.1 on QNAP that could cause MinimServer to fail to start after a QNAP reboot.

If you currently have MinimServer 0.8.1 installed, please try installing MinimServer 0.8.2 from the QNAP App Center. This should solve the problem.
Installation was only a couple of days ago - Minim Server is reporting 0.8.2 - any else I should look for?
(17-11-2014 12:32)davidp Wrote: [ -> ]Installation was only a couple of days ago - Minim Server is reporting 0.8.2 - any else I should look for?

In the QNAP App Center, what is the status of JRE_ARM and MinimServer?

If they are both ON, try changing MinimServer to OFF and then back to ON.
Switching MinimServer Off then On made no difference - BUT - switching both JRE_ARM and MS Off then switching On Java and then MS was successfully MinimServer is starting up and running now. Thanks
(17-11-2014 15:15)davidp Wrote: [ -> ]Switching MinimServer Off then On made no difference - BUT - switching both JRE_ARM and MS Off then switching On Java and then MS was successfully MinimServer is starting up and running now. Thanks

Have you tried rebooting the NAS since doing this? This seems suspiciously like the 0.8.1 problem that should be fixed in 0.8.2. If MinimServer doesn't start after the NAS reboot, please let me know.
(17-11-2014 15:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2014 15:15)davidp Wrote: [ -> ]Switching MinimServer Off then On made no difference - BUT - switching both JRE_ARM and MS Off then switching On Java and then MS was successfully MinimServer is starting up and running now. Thanks

Have you tried rebooting the NAS since doing this? This seems suspiciously like the 0.8.1 problem that should be fixed in 0.8.2. If MinimServer doesn't start after the NAS reboot, please let me know.
MS won't automatically start after a reboot - I've just rebooted the NAS and it seems Java and MS have to be off before the reboot and then turned on in order Java then MS to establish the server. Hope this helps. I'm just glad to have MinimServer back again!
(17-11-2014 16:17)davidp Wrote: [ -> ]MS won't automatically start after a reboot - I've just rebooted the NAS and it seems Java and MS have to be off before the reboot and then turned on in order Java then MS to establish the server. Hope this helps. I'm just glad to have MinimServer back again!

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Do you have version 8.0.1 of JRE_ARM installed? What is your QNAP firmware level?

You mentioned something about "check file system". Can you give more details? It's possible that this might have damaged some system files.
Yes it's 8.01 JRE_ARM and QNAP 4.1.1 (Build 20141101) - I'd copied some files over from a Mac using AFP which had been unstable but with the last two QNAP firmware updates and Yosemite seemed to be doing OK - I ran a 'check file system' just to be safe and I also rebooted the NASdrive which is when MS stopped serving.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's