Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update 26 and tagValue
01-05-2014, 22:09
RE: update 26 and tagValue
Thanks for the reply!
(01-05-2014 11:34)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:05)Cableguy Wrote:  Thank you very much Simon! It works much better now!
Curiously enough though (using update 27), some artists are still sorted by their artist tag when using your provided settings. by looking at the tags everything seem to be tagged correctly.

Please can you give an example of this.

Is the artist tagged as AlbumArtist or Artist?
Always tagged with Artist, some with Albumartist as well

Are you sure this AlbumArtist or Artist tag has a corresponding ArtistSort tag on at least one file?
Yes it could be set up as basic as
ARTIST=Eddie Vedder
ARTISTSORT=Vedder, Eddie
Only one tag of each kind, and it is displayed under E in the index.

Are there any warning messages in the log saying this AlbumArtist or Artist tag has conflicting sort values? This can happen if there are files with a different ArtistSort value for the same AlbumArtist or Artist value. This conflict would cause both the conflicting sort values to be ignored.
No I can't see any warning messages.
Would it be of any help to see what's going on if I sent you a sample file?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 22:48
(01-05-2014 22:09)Cableguy Wrote:  Yes it could be set up as basic as
ARTIST=Eddie Vedder
ARTISTSORT=Vedder, Eddie
Only one tag of each kind, and it is displayed under E in the index.

Would it be of any help to see what's going on if I sent you a sample file?

Please copy this file (Eddie Vedder) into a separate folder and set contentDir to point at just that folder, then do a Rescan. This will isolate this file from any side-effects caused by tagging in the rest of your library.

If this isolation test shows the problem, the problem is related to the file and the next step would be for you to send me the file.

If this isolation test doesn't show the problem, the problem is related to the tagging in the rest of your library and it wouldn't help for you to send me the file.

Many thanks!
01-05-2014, 23:07
Thanks again Simon!

The isolation test doesn't show the problem, so then there would be something related to the rest of my tags.
Do you have any thoughts on how I could go on and look for the offending tag? For example, could it be a certain sort of tag that is present somewhere? Is there a good way to look for it?
02-05-2014, 09:46 (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 09:47 by simoncn.)
(01-05-2014 23:07)Cableguy Wrote:  Thanks again Simon!

The isolation test doesn't show the problem, so then there would be something related to the rest of my tags.
Do you have any thoughts on how I could go on and look for the offending tag? For example, could it be a certain sort of tag that is present somewhere? Is there a good way to look for it?

I think the starting point would be to home in on one of these artists such as Eddie Veder.

You can add All Artists to your indexTags list, then use the All Artists index to select Eddie Veder and see all the files that contain Eddie Veder as an artist.

You can also move AlbumArtist from itemTags to indexTags and use the AlbumArtist index to select Eddie Veder and see all the files that contain Eddie Veder as the album artist.

You can also move ArtistSort from itemTags to indexTags. With this setting, after selecting Eddie Veder from the All Artists and AlbumArtist indexes, you can select ArtistSort to see what ArtistSort values you have for your Eddie Veder files.