MinimServer Forum

Full Version: update 26 and tagValue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the updates! They seem very promising!

However, I don't think I manage to get things quite right. I Have Artistsort as one of my indextags. And I want see the Artist value in the index and display. So I put this tagValue:
Artistsort.value.index.display={Artist}
I then get the Artsitsort sorted by artist tags instead. Am I doing something wrong here?

Ps. I read the bits about last names in the new notes, but wanted to do it this way as all my artistsort tags are populated, evenen those that need not to be reversed (bands etc).
Actually I get a mix of sortings by artistsort and artist, like this:
Adams, Ryan,
Albert Collins

By not at all what I wanted to achieve (the albumartist tag sorted strictly by artistsort but with artist values displayed in the index and display)
(29-04-2014 21:46)Cableguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the updates! They seem very promising!

However, I don't think I manage to get things quite right. I Have Artistsort as one of my indextags. And I want see the Artist value in the index and display. So I put this tagValue:
Artistsort.value.index.display={Artist}
I then get the Artsitsort sorted by artist tags instead. Am I doing something wrong here?

Ps. I read the bits about last names in the new notes, but wanted to do it this way as all my artistsort tags are populated, evenen those that need not to be reversed (bands etc).

It isn't a problem to apply the 'reverse' option to names that aren't in "last names, first names" format. If the tag value doesn't contain a comma, no reversal will be done.

If you already have a full set of Artist tags and ArtistSort tags, the setting you are using should be OK. If the ArtistSort tag has a matching Artist tag, the Artist tag value should be used for the index and display values of the ArtistSort tag, but not for the sort value of the ArtistSort tag. I'll try this myself to see what happens.
(29-04-2014 21:55)Cableguy Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I get a mix of sortings by artistsort and artist, like this:
Adams, Ryan,
Albert Collins

By not at all what I wanted to achieve (the albumartist tag sorted strictly by artistsort but with artist values displayed in the index and display)

I've tried your setting and it works for me for files with a single Artist tag and a single ArtistSort tag.

Do some of your files have AlbumArtist tags as well as Artist tags, or AlbumArtist tags without Artist tags? To handle these cases, you should use these settings instead of your current settings:

indexTags should be set to Artist instead of ArtistSort

AlbumArtist should be included in either indexTags or itemTags

ArtistSort should be included in itemTags

tagValue should be set to: Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}, AlbumArtist.value.sort={ArtistSort}

This should work for files with one or more Artist tags and/or an AlbumArtist tag.
(30-04-2014 09:16)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]indexTags should be set to Artist instead of ArtistSort

AlbumArtist should be included in either indexTags or itemTags

ArtistSort should be included in itemTags

tagValue should be set to: Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}, AlbumArtist.value.sort={ArtistSort}

I've added a new section to the User guide explaining how to set this up.
Simon, thank you for the feedback!
I set everything up like you described, but still I can't make it work, the Artist index is sorted by the Artist tags. What could be wrong?

I attached a print of my settings if you can detect anything wrong there. Thanks again!
(30-04-2014 21:03)Cableguy Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, thank you for the feedback!
I set everything up like you described, but still I can't make it work, the Artist index is sorted by the Artist tags. What could be wrong?

I attached a print of my settings if you can detect anything wrong there. Thanks again!

There is an issue with sort values and alphaGroup. From your settings, I see you have alphaGroup enabled for Artist, so this is probably why you are seeing your artists in the wrong alphabetical section.

To confirm this problem, do the artists appear in the correct order when you select Show All > View All?
(30-04-2014 21:31)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]There is an issue with sort values and alphaGroup. From your settings, I see you have alphaGroup enabled for Artist, so this is probably why you are seeing your artists in the wrong alphabetical section.

This problem is now fixed in update 27.
Thank you very much Simon! It works much better now!
Curiously enough though (using update 27), some artists are still sorted by their artist tag when using your provided settings. by looking at the tags everything seem to be tagged correctly.
(01-05-2014 11:05)Cableguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much Simon! It works much better now!
Curiously enough though (using update 27), some artists are still sorted by their artist tag when using your provided settings. by looking at the tags everything seem to be tagged correctly.

Please can you give an example of this.

Is the artist tagged as AlbumArtist or Artist?

Are you sure this AlbumArtist or Artist tag has a corresponding ArtistSort tag on at least one file?

Are there any warning messages in the log saying this AlbumArtist or Artist tag has conflicting sort values? This can happen if there are files with a different ArtistSort value for the same AlbumArtist or Artist value. This conflict would cause both the conflicting sort values to be ignored.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's