Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convolution filtering
09-01-2021, 19:22
RE: Convolution filtering
Volumio, moOde and RoPieee XL are good renderers (and free).
I’m now using RoPieee XL and it is gapless, and gapless are Volumio and moOde too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2021, 15:41
I only get gaps with Runeaudio when streaming from MinimServer and doing convolution.
When I'm streaming to RuneAudio from MinimServer without convolution, no gap.
I'll try to install the renderer on the same Rpi as MinimServer to ensure it's not a network issue.
09-12-2021, 14:09
Hi,

To Qobuz + Minimserver2 with NAS Synology users : as it is possible with a local file, can Qobuz be equalized on the fly by Minimstreamer2 ?
Documentation speaks about network streams transcoding on the fly but I didn't see anything on equalizer/convolution. Is this feature available? If not, is it a planned feature?.

Thank you
09-12-2021, 15:08
You can apply convolution filtering to network streams in the same way that you can apply it to local files. This works for HTTP streams such as internet radio stations but I don't think it is possible to do this when live streaming from Qobuz because Qobuz uses its own streaming protocol and MinimStreamer isn't able to act as a Qobuz streaming client. You should be able to stream from Qobuz using MinimServer (see this post) but this wouldn't enable you to do convolution.
09-12-2021, 15:37
@Luckygipi - You can use BubbleUPnP Server to do so.
09-12-2021, 16:43 (This post was last modified: 09-12-2021 16:54 by Luckygipi.)
@Simoncn - Thank you. I'm in multiamplification and use Minidsp as crossover and equalizer but I'd like to avoid now Minidsp in using active analog crossover and using Minimstreamer as equalizer/convolver. It's good to use it with local file but it's annoying to have no equalization/convolution with Qobuz )-:

@rompolompo - Do you know how to use BubbleUPnP Server: acting as convolver (FFMPEG, Brutefir?) or making a bridge to ministreamer? Should the Bubble server run in the same HW device as Minimserver (my NAS is a DS116 and DSM 7 does not accept anymore BubbleUPnP server package and no Docker with DS116, Bubble server running in the RPi is the way to go). Is there a bible on that ?
Thank you
11-12-2021, 20:06
@Luckygipi

1. Install and configure BubbleUPNP server (Pi or any old PC will work. I run Ubuntu Server on an old HP)
2. Create a convolution file based on your needs (DSP, Room Correction, etc...)
3. Create an Open Home instance that points to MiniDSP
4. Upload the convolution file to the BubbleUPnP server
5. Add the path to that file under the setting for the new Open Home created

Done!
13-12-2021, 23:07
Thank you Rompolompo, I will test that asap