Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed OK but can't see my files
03-02-2018, 16:30
RE: Installed OK but can't see my files
(03-02-2018 08:16)simoncn Wrote:  All Artists should have a space. It doesn't work without one.

I did that and it works fine now. Thanks

simoncn Wrote:The default setting of indexTags doesn't include Album. Did someone else set up MinimServer for you?

No, I set it up myself and may have added Album in attempt to solve the unexpected outcomes of more tags (disc # and albumartist) being used than by Twonky.

I appreciate that using extra tags does help with classical music although they are not what I need. I would simply prefer to use (Twonky) Artist Index rather than All Artists as it helps find the right artist / album quicker with my 3200 Albums. Is that a feature that could be made available now or as a future enhancement?

Can I also ask what the TagsCustom do?

simoncn Wrote:There is no background scanning. MinimServer uses a cache to to help with rescan speed and the rescanning code is written very efficiently.

It is indeed very efficient and impressive speed. I just wanted to know what I need to do when I add future albums.

Thanks again for your patient help...TomP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2018, 17:00
(03-02-2018 16:30)TomP Wrote:  
(03-02-2018 08:16)simoncn Wrote:  All Artists should have a space. It doesn't work without one.

I did that and it works fine now. Thanks

simoncn Wrote:The default setting of indexTags doesn't include Album. Did someone else set up MinimServer for you?

No, I set it up myself and may have added Album in attempt to solve the unexpected outcomes of more tags (disc # and albumartist) being used than by Twonky.

I appreciate that using extra tags does help with classical music although they are not what I need. I would simply prefer to use (Twonky) Artist Index rather than All Artists as it helps find the right artist / album quicker with my 3200 Albums. Is that a feature that could be made available now or as a future enhancement?

Can I also ask what the TagsCustom do?

simoncn Wrote:There is no background scanning. MinimServer uses a cache to to help with rescan speed and the rescanning code is written very efficiently.

It is indeed very efficient and impressive speed. I just wanted to know what I need to do when I add future albums.

Thanks again for your patient help...TomP

The only thing you have to do is a manual rescan.
But..... If you want to gain the possibilities MinimServer provides, you have to take care of some proper tagging.
I personally like to copy a new album to my PC (with also MinimServer installed) ,tag the album the way I want it to be(using MP3 tag or DB Poweramp (Windows)) and test it using MinimServer PC and if correct copy the files to my NAS.
Tagging the files on your PC goes much faster then doing this directly on your NAS!
03-02-2018, 18:26
(03-02-2018 16:30)TomP Wrote:  I appreciate that using extra tags does help with classical music although they are not what I need. I would simply prefer to use (Twonky) Artist Index rather than All Artists as it helps find the right artist / album quicker with my 3200 Albums. Is that a feature that could be made available now or as a future enhancement?

You can use the Artist index if you prefer. This will show you the AlbumArtist if there is one and the Artist otherwise. If this isn't doing what you expect, please provide a specific example of the problem.

Quote:Can I also ask what the TagsCustom do?

See this section.
03-02-2018, 20:33
Quote:You can use the Artist index if you prefer. This will show you the AlbumArtist if there is one and the Artist otherwise. If this isn't doing what you expect, please provide a specific example of the problem.

The Twonky feature uses the word 'index' in a difference context than here. The level below divides the artists up into 'index' groups starting with ABC, DEF, etc so if you are looking for an artist whose name starts with a 'U' then clicking on the STU 'index' and then scrolling only needs to be in that group rather than starting all the way down from A at the top, thus finding artists is quicker.

Many Twonky users find this very useful and I wondered if it were possible here

Quote:See this section.

This explanation is a little above my comprehension level although my feeling is I'll never need such customisation. I use Linn Kinsky and will move soon to BubbleDS Next, so do either of these need such features?

Thanks...TomP
03-02-2018, 21:02
(03-02-2018 20:33)TomP Wrote:  
Quote:You can use the Artist index if you prefer. This will show you the AlbumArtist if there is one and the Artist otherwise. If this isn't doing what you expect, please provide a specific example of the problem.

The Twonky feature uses the word 'index' in a difference context than here. The level below divides the artists up into 'index' groups starting with ABC, DEF, etc so if you are looking for an artist whose name starts with a 'U' then clicking on the STU 'index' and then scrolling only needs to be in that group rather than starting all the way down from A at the top, thus finding artists is quicker.

Many Twonky users find this very useful and I wondered if it were possible here

Quote:See this section.

This explanation is a little above my comprehension level although my feeling is I'll never need such customisation. I use Linn Kinsky and will move soon to BubbleDS Next, so do either of these need such features?

Thanks...TomP

You van use alphabetical grouping for this.
It is possible to search on a syllable but not on ABC,DEG etc.
03-02-2018, 21:17
(03-02-2018 20:33)TomP Wrote:  The Twonky feature uses the word 'index' in a difference context than here. The level below divides the artists up into 'index' groups starting with ABC, DEF, etc so if you are looking for an artist whose name starts with a 'U' then clicking on the STU 'index' and then scrolling only needs to be in that group rather than starting all the way down from A at the top, thus finding artists is quicker.

You can get this (for single letters) by setting the alphaGroup property. To get alphabetical grouping for all Artist lists of any size, set alphaGroup to:

Artist

If you want Artist lists smaller than 10 (for example) not to be grouped, set alphaGroup to:

Artist=10

Other combinations are available and are described in this section.

Quote:This explanation is a little above my comprehension level although my feeling is I'll never need such customisation. I use Linn Kinsky and will move soon to BubbleDS Next, so do either of these need such features?

The default settings will be fine.
04-02-2018, 14:54
(03-02-2018 21:17)simoncn Wrote:  You can get this (for single letters) by setting the alphaGroup property. To get alphabetical grouping for all Artist lists of any size, set alphaGroup to:

Artist

Thanks Simon, I set it for 'All Artists' and that worked great !! Maybe a future enhancement request to have a default of 2 letters instead of 1?