Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ungrouped sorting on date
29-05-2017, 10:50
RE: ungrouped sorting on date
I am at work now, so can't check, but could it be that my months are being ignored?

From what I remember it worked partly (my newer music was on top-side of the list). But I also remember that the newest music was not right on top. Ignored months might very well explain what I saw.

As I said my Comments look like this: 2017-5, 2017-04 etc.

When selecting Comment in the main tree the order is as expected btw.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2017, 12:03
The sort order for the Comment tag is the normal MinimServer numeric sort, so a -Comment setting in sortTags would sort 2017-5 before 2017-04. If you just have 2017 as the Comment value, this would be sorted after both 2017-5 and 2017-04.
29-05-2017, 18:12 (This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 18:12 by Lex.)
Simon,

You were right. The albums with no Comment tag are on the top of the list, regardless of sort order. It is a bit difficult to see on first glance, and I had overlooked that before.

Is there an easy fix, or should I fill all empty comment with an older date?
29-05-2017, 20:07
Unfortunately, I can't think of an easy fix other than your suggestion to populate the empty Comment tags with an older date.

I think the correct fix is for me to change MinimServer so that empty tags are always sorted at the end of the list, even when the - prefix is used to reverse the sort order. This won't happen any time soon because I am about to go travelling for 5 weeks. Smile
29-05-2017, 21:22
That's okay. It turned out to be quite easy to fill all the empty Comments in MP3TAG software. You can batch-fill the empties; took about 10 minutes or so. Now everything looks like I wanted.

I also realised that I can easily select different album sort orders in BubbleDS so I am happy with this solution. Of course a standard function is always better, but for now this great.

It is amazing how configurable minimserver is. It is not always straightforward to get what you want, but unlike other solutions, you can really choose how you want your library to be presented. Also thumbs up for your support.
30-05-2017, 16:30
(29-05-2017 20:07)simoncn Wrote:  This won't happen any time soon because I am about to go travelling for 5 weeks. Smile

Enjoy!

...and leave your laptop at home. Wink
30-05-2017, 19:32
(30-05-2017 16:30)BlueDog Wrote:  Enjoy!

...and leave your laptop at home. Wink

Thanks! The laptop will be with me but I will make sure I don't use it too much. Smile