Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minimwatch cannot see Minimserver
03-03-2017, 13:34
RE: Minimwatch cannot see Minimserver
Can you try Linn Kinsky on the Windows PC to see whether the problem is with the PC rather than with MinimWatch? If so, try powering the PC off and on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 16:13
(03-03-2017 13:34)simoncn Wrote:  Can you try Linn Kinsky on the Windows PC to see whether the problem is with the PC rather than with MinimWatch? If so, try powering the PC off and on.

Hi Simon,

I've done all this several times! Everything is working apart from MinimWatch. Kinsky and Kazoo are fine. The PC hasn't changed. All I've done is replace a BT Home Hub 5 with a BT Home Hub 6, using exactly the same IP address configuration.

I had to reboot the PC the first time for Konfig to realise there was a DS on the network, but that was it.

Thanks

Kevin
03-03-2017, 16:39
Does the PC have a wireless connection to the router? If so, can you try a wired connection to the router or to your switch if you have one? Does this make any difference?
03-03-2017, 19:25
(03-03-2017 16:39)simoncn Wrote:  Does the PC have a wireless connection to the router? If so, can you try a wired connection to the router or to your switch if you have one? Does this make any difference?

I've already done this and it makes no difference.
03-03-2017, 21:02
Do you have both wired and wireless network adapters active on the PC at the same time? If so, try disabling one of these.
09-03-2017, 21:59
(03-03-2017 21:02)simoncn Wrote:  Do you have both wired and wireless network adapters active on the PC at the same time? If so, try disabling one of these.

I've tried this as well, no joy.

I'm been able to do a direct comparison at a different location using the SAME PC. Here I also updated a BT HomeHub 5 to HomeHub 6, using exactly the same network IP setup. Here I have a QNAP TS109 running MinimServer. After changing the router MinimWatch saw MinimServer on the QNap no problem.

Returning to the original location (QNap TS112), MinimWatch still cannot see MinimServer (using the same PC with no changes). This is completely baffling. Music plays, MinimServer is visible on port 9790 but MinimWatch on the PC cannot see the server.

If we can't solve this, how do I edit the properties MinimWatch exposes directly on the QNap?
09-03-2017, 23:47
Do you have a firewall running on the TS112? If so, try disabling this firewall or adding an exception for MinimServer.

You can use command scripting to view and change properties on a remote server. See this section.
10-03-2017, 16:47
(09-03-2017 23:47)simoncn Wrote:  Do you have a firewall running on the TS112? If so, try disabling this firewall or adding an exception for MinimServer.

Nope, no firewall. Nothing on the QNap has changed. The only change is replacing the BT Home Hub 5 with a Home Hub 6, and using exactly the same IP and DHCP settings on both the old and new hubs.

The same PC can see a different MinimServer on a different network at a different physical location via MinimWatch, so MinimWatch is working on the PC.
10-03-2017, 17:40 (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 17:41 by simoncn.)
Very strange. It seems that the HomeHub 6 is the only component that has not been eliminated from suspicion. (I know you have tried a different unit that works OK.)
10-03-2017, 21:20
(10-03-2017 17:40)simoncn Wrote:  Very strange. It seems that the HomeHub 6 is the only component that has not been eliminated from suspicion. (I know you have tried a different unit that works OK.)

I'll try putting the Home Hub 5 back in tomorrow to see if MinimWatch works with that.