Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see any music files
11-10-2013, 16:56
RE: Can't see any music files
(11-10-2013 12:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 10:43)grimreaper46 Wrote:  Hi. Just installed MinimServer to give it a try. It is on my NAS (QNAP-219). MinimServer appear in Linn Kinsky but when I click on it no music appears. In reading the info, I believe that MinimServer is not currently looking in the correct place on the NAS for the files and that MinimWatch is used to change that (amongst other things). So I downloaded MinimWatch onto my Laptop. When I click on the MinimWatch icon all that happens is an Icon appears saying MinimServer(bobnas) is running.

Can you please advise how I can use MinimWatch, or other to get MinimServer to find the music files.

You can right-click on the minim icon to see a pop-up menu of commands. Select the Properties command and you will see a dialog that allows you to change the value of contentDir. After making the change, click OK to confirm, then select Restart from the minim icon's pop-up menu.

Thanks Simon. I have done that and everything is fine. The problem was it seemed to say select the "Setting" option which does not appear. Once I realised that you selected "Properties" did it straight away.

Still new to it all but as I can do Start,Stop,Reset and alter the settings by right clicking the minimServer Icon I really don't see at the moment what minimWatch achieves.

Got to check now why Twonky and minimServer show a different number of Albums/Tracks. That should pass a quiet evening.Big Grin

Thanks again. Now I will make a donation.Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't see any music files - grimreaper46 - 11-10-2013 16:56
RE: Can't see any music files - winxi - 11-10-2013, 18:57