Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Install-cannot see minimserver on control points
10-10-2013, 17:52
New Install-cannot see minimserver on control points
Hi All,

Just downloaded the Minim Server for Windows 64bit. It appears to be running (green light) on my computer but i cannot locate the minimserver on my plug player app, elyric app or the Lumin App. I tried deleting and reloading the 32 bit. No dice.

system is as follows:

-some kind of dell desktop running Windows media server 2011-it is 64 bit machine
-external Western Digital Raid Drive connected via usb
- hardwired into Apple Airport extreme
-hardwired from Airport Extreme to the Lumin player.

I am also running Asset upnup on this computer. It is used only for streaming music and resides in the basement.

I have been using the DBPOWERAMP software (Asset UPnUP) and the Plug Player app to control a Boulder 1021 for the better part of 6 months without issue.

Just got the Lumin and wanted to stream using their recommended software. I can run the Lumin with the Plug Player/Asset UpnUP combo without issue. I just cannot play any DSD files I have with this combo.

My first thought after reading instructions was firewall settings. I took it off completely and I still cannot see the MinimServer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2013, 19:03
RE: New Install-cannot see minimserver on control points
(10-10-2013 17:52)hessec Wrote:  Hi All,

Just downloaded the Minim Server for Windows 64bit. It appears to be running (green light) on my computer but i cannot locate the minimserver on my plug player app, elyric app or the Lumin App. I tried deleting and reloading the 32 bit. No dice.

system is as follows:

-some kind of dell desktop running Windows media server 2011-it is 64 bit machine
-external Western Digital Raid Drive connected via usb
- hardwired into Apple Airport extreme
-hardwired from Airport Extreme to the Lumin player.

I am also running Asset upnup on this computer. It is used only for streaming music and resides in the basement.

I have been using the DBPOWERAMP software (Asset UPnUP) and the Plug Player app to control a Boulder 1021 for the better part of 6 months without issue.

Just got the Lumin and wanted to stream using their recommended software. I can run the Lumin with the Plug Player/Asset UpnUP combo without issue. I just cannot play any DSD files I have with this combo.

My first thought after reading instructions was firewall settings. I took it off completely and I still cannot see the MinimServer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

As a first step, please install Linn Kinsky for Windows on the PC that is running MinimServer and check whether it can see MinimServer. If this is OK, there is probably some kind of network issue with wireless connectivity to the iPad running PlugPlayer / eLyric / the LUMIN app.

It's possible that the Airport Extreme is blocking the default port used by MinimServer for UPnP network communications. You can change this port by setting the ohnet.subnet property in the MinimServer advanced properties. I suggest you try setting this property to a value of 9791 and restarting MinimServer to see if this improves things.
10-10-2013, 19:53
I have another installation of minimserver setup on a windows xp desktop in my office to try and troubleshoot this afternoon...... again, plug player does not see it and the Kinsky app does not see it either.

As an aside, the ipad i'm borrowing from my wife does not have the plug player, elyric or any other control points loaded except the Lumin app. My phone (Iphone 5) has elyric and Plug player.

Switched the port to 9791 as well. Nothing.

Thanks, Chris
10-10-2013, 20:53
(10-10-2013 19:53)hessec Wrote:  I have another installation of minimserver setup on a windows xp desktop in my office to try and troubleshoot this afternoon...... again, plug player does not see it and the Kinsky app does not see it either.

As an aside, the ipad i'm borrowing from my wife does not have the plug player, elyric or any other control points loaded except the Lumin app. My phone (Iphone 5) has elyric and Plug player.

Thanks, Chris

Installed on the computer at home. This one can see my Lumin "room" but there is no source called minimserver. No devices listed once the Lumin is stopped.

Port Changed to 9791. Same result.

Thanks.
10-10-2013, 21:04
(10-10-2013 19:53)hessec Wrote:  I have another installation of minimserver setup on a windows xp desktop in my office to try and troubleshoot this afternoon...... again, plug player does not see it and the Kinsky app does not see it either.

Thanks, Chris

Did you try running Kinsky Windows on the same Windows PC as MinimServer? This test is important to eliminate possible network issues.

If Kinsky Windows running on the same Windows PC as MinimServer can't see MinimServer, this suggests that MinimServer has failed to start correctly. Do you see any messages in the MinimServer log?
11-10-2013, 13:03
(10-10-2013 21:04)simoncn Wrote:  

Thanks, Chris

Did you try running Kinsky Windows on the same Windows PC as MinimServer? This test is important to eliminate possible network issues.

If Kinsky Windows running on the same Windows PC as MinimServer can't see MinimServer, this suggests that MinimServer has failed to start correctly. Do you see any messages in the MinimServer log?

Yes. Kinsky does not see Minimserver.

Here's a cut of the log. The little icon is yellow for about 2 seconds and then green and stays green. My database is about 600Gig so it's not huge but I don't think it could cycle through that quickly. It is mapped to the proper drive.

Here's the error code:

MinimServer 0.72, Copyright © 2012, 2013 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Platform default charset is windows-1252
starting MinimServer
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 1 at offset 103 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/01 Desperation Breeds .mp3 (length 7933897)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 2 at offset 91 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/02 Polynation.mp3 (length 1098998)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 3 at offset 93 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/03 Danse Caribe.mp3 (length 7669319)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 4 at offset 93 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/04 Give It Away.mp3 (length 6523275)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 5 at offset 89 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/05 Eyeoneye.mp3 (length 5932694)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 6 at offset 95 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/06 Lazy Projector.mp3 (length 7197236)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 7 at offset 113 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/07 Near Death Experience Experience.mp3 (length 6470632)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 8 at offset 96 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/08 Behind the Barn.mp3 (length 1556042)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 9 at offset 90 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/09 Lusitania.mp3 (length 5861851)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 10 at offset 98 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/10 Orpheo Looks Back.mp3 (length 7101947)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 11 at offset 88 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/11 Sifters.mp3 (length 6073130)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 12 at offset 92 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/12 Fatal Shore.mp3 (length 7352717)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 13 at offset 98 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/13 Hole in the Ocean.mp3 (length 11953199)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 14 at offset 87 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/14 Belles.mp3 (length 4323343)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/01 The Lover Of Beirut.aiff (length 82146979)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/02 Dance With Waves.aiff (length 41979151)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/03 Stopover At Djibouti.aiff (length 69718643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/04 The Astounding Eyes Of Rita.aiff (length 92269626)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/05 Al Birwa.aiff (length 51692903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/06 Galilee Mon Amour.aiff (length 77299136)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/07 Waking State.aiff (length 82781643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/08 For No Apparent Reason.aiff (length 69913861)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/01 The Lover Of Beirut.aiff (length 82146979)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/02 Dance With Waves.aiff (length 41979151)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/03 Stopover At Djibouti.aiff (length 69718643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/04 The Astounding Eyes Of Rita.aiff (length 92269626)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/05 Al Birwa.aiff (length 51692903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/06 Galilee Mon Amour.aiff (length 77299136)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/07 Waking State.aiff (length 82781643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/08 For No Apparent Reason.aiff (length 69913861)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/01 Give Me My Coat And Shoes [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 40568114)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/02 Big Boat (Buddy And Junior's Thing) [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 55390428)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/03 Sweet Black Girl [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 37552841)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/04 Diggin' My Potatoes [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 47405372)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/05 Don't Leave Me [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 39450903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/06 Rollin' And Tumblin' [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 48372045)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/07 I'm In The Mood [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 35817064)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/08 High Heel Sneakers [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 52368091)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/09 Wrong Doing Woman [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 31861002)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/10 Cut You Loose [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 42978903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/11 Sally Mae [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 26684243)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/12 Catfish Blues [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 37804503)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/13 My Home's In The Delta [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 32818272)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/14 Boogie Chillen [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 42586120)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/15 Medley_ Baby What You Want Me To Do_That's Allright [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 60858845)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/1-The Thrill Is Gone.aiff (length 50604790)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/2-Grateful Dawg.aiff (length 39239921)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/3-Two Soldiers.aiff (length 46801600)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/4-Friend Of The Devil.aiff (length 75260807)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/5-Russian Lullaby.aiff (length 44967043)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/6-Dawgs Waltz.aiff (length 48384496)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/7-Walkin Boss.aiff (length 56296624)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/8-Rockin Chair.aiff (length 84363041)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/9-Arabia.aiff (length 173974234)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/1-Give Me My Coat And Shoes Bu.aiff (length 40568114)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/10-Cut You Loose Buddy Guy Jun.aiff (length 42978903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/11-Sally Mae Buddy Guy Junior .aiff (length 26684243)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/12-Catfish Blues Buddy Guy Jun.aiff (length 37804503)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/13-My Homes In The Delta Buddy.aiff (length 32818272)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/14-Boogie Chillen Buddy Guy Ju.aiff (length 42586120)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/15-Medley Baby What You Want M.aiff (length 60858845)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/2-Big Boat Buddy And Juniors T.aiff (length 55390428)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/3-Sweet Black Girl Buddy Guy J.aiff (length 37552841)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/4-Diggin My Potatoes Buddy Guy.aiff (length 47405372)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/5-Dont Leave Me Buddy Guy Juni.aiff (length 39450903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/6-Rollin And Tumblin Buddy Guy.aiff (length 48372045)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/7-Im In The Mood Buddy Guy Jun.aiff (length 35817064)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/8-High Heel Sneakers Buddy Guy.aiff (length 52368091)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/9-Wrong Doing Woman Buddy Guy .aiff (length 31861002)
Warning: disc number 3 ignored because no ALBUM tag in file mark farina mix downloads/downtempo forest/3-01 Downtempo Forest 11 mixtape side A march 97.mp3
Warning: disc number 3 ignored because no ALBUM tag in file mushroom jazz/3-01 Mushroom Jazz 8 Mix Tape side A 1_26_94.mp3
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/01 Gobbledigook.aiff (length 32886650)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/02 Inn_ m_r syngur vitleysingur.aiff (length 43480101)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/03 G_dan daginn.aiff (length 55884533)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/04 Vid spilum endalaust.aiff (length 37835293)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/05 Festival.aiff (length 99709345)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/06 Med sud _ eyrum.aiff (length 52521176)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/07 _ra b_tur.aiff (length 94972418)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/08 _llgresi.aiff (length 44952433)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/09 Flj_tav_k.aiff (length 40730594)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/10 Straumnes.aiff (length 21639411)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/11 All Alright.aiff (length 67491653)
MinimServer[Media] is running
Startup complete
stopping MinimServer[Media]
MinimServer[Media] is stopped
starting MinimServer[Media]
Platform default charset is windows-1252
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 1 at offset 103 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/01 Desperation Breeds .mp3 (length 7933897)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 2 at offset 91 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/02 Polynation.mp3 (length 1098998)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 3 at offset 93 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/03 Danse Caribe.mp3 (length 7669319)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 4 at offset 93 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/04 Give It Away.mp3 (length 6523275)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 5 at offset 89 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/05 Eyeoneye.mp3 (length 5932694)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 6 at offset 95 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/06 Lazy Projector.mp3 (length 7197236)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 7 at offset 113 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/07 Near Death Experience Experience.mp3 (length 6470632)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 8 at offset 96 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/08 Behind the Barn.mp3 (length 1556042)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 9 at offset 90 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/09 Lusitania.mp3 (length 5861851)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 10 at offset 98 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/10 Orpheo Looks Back.mp3 (length 7101947)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 11 at offset 88 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/11 Sifters.mp3 (length 6073130)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 12 at offset 92 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/12 Fatal Shore.mp3 (length 7352717)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 13 at offset 98 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/13 Hole in the Ocean.mp3 (length 11953199)
Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value 14 at offset 87 in file Andrew Bird/break it yourself/14 Belles.mp3 (length 4323343)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/01 The Lover Of Beirut.aiff (length 82146979)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/02 Dance With Waves.aiff (length 41979151)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/03 Stopover At Djibouti.aiff (length 69718643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/04 The Astounding Eyes Of Rita.aiff (length 92269626)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/05 Al Birwa.aiff (length 51692903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/06 Galilee Mon Amour.aiff (length 77299136)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/07 Waking State.aiff (length 82781643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anouar Brahem Astounding Eyes of Rita/08 For No Apparent Reason.aiff (length 69913861)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/01 The Lover Of Beirut.aiff (length 82146979)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/02 Dance With Waves.aiff (length 41979151)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/03 Stopover At Djibouti.aiff (length 69718643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/04 The Astounding Eyes Of Rita.aiff (length 92269626)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/05 Al Birwa.aiff (length 51692903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/06 Galilee Mon Amour.aiff (length 77299136)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/07 Waking State.aiff (length 82781643)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Anour Brahem/08 For No Apparent Reason.aiff (length 69913861)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/01 Give Me My Coat And Shoes [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 40568114)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/02 Big Boat (Buddy And Junior's Thing) [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 55390428)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/03 Sweet Black Girl [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 37552841)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/04 Diggin' My Potatoes [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 47405372)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/05 Don't Leave Me [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 39450903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/06 Rollin' And Tumblin' [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 48372045)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/07 I'm In The Mood [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 35817064)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/08 High Heel Sneakers [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 52368091)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/09 Wrong Doing Woman [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 31861002)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/10 Cut You Loose [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 42978903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/11 Sally Mae [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 26684243)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/12 Catfish Blues [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 37804503)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/13 My Home's In The Delta [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 32818272)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/14 Boogie Chillen [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 42586120)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Buddy Guy Junior Wells- Alone and accoustic/15 Medley_ Baby What You Want Me To Do_That's Allright [Buddy Guy & Junior Wells].aiff (length 60858845)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/1-The Thrill Is Gone.aiff (length 50604790)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/2-Grateful Dawg.aiff (length 39239921)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/3-Two Soldiers.aiff (length 46801600)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/4-Friend Of The Devil.aiff (length 75260807)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/5-Russian Lullaby.aiff (length 44967043)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/6-Dawgs Waltz.aiff (length 48384496)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/7-Walkin Boss.aiff (length 56296624)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/8-Rockin Chair.aiff (length 84363041)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Jerry GarciaDavid Grisman/Jerry Garcia David Grisman/9-Arabia.aiff (length 173974234)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/1-Give Me My Coat And Shoes Bu.aiff (length 40568114)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/10-Cut You Loose Buddy Guy Jun.aiff (length 42978903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/11-Sally Mae Buddy Guy Junior .aiff (length 26684243)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/12-Catfish Blues Buddy Guy Jun.aiff (length 37804503)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/13-My Homes In The Delta Buddy.aiff (length 32818272)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/14-Boogie Chillen Buddy Guy Ju.aiff (length 42586120)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/15-Medley Baby What You Want M.aiff (length 60858845)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/2-Big Boat Buddy And Juniors T.aiff (length 55390428)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/3-Sweet Black Girl Buddy Guy J.aiff (length 37552841)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/4-Diggin My Potatoes Buddy Guy.aiff (length 47405372)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/5-Dont Leave Me Buddy Guy Juni.aiff (length 39450903)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/6-Rollin And Tumblin Buddy Guy.aiff (length 48372045)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/7-Im In The Mood Buddy Guy Jun.aiff (length 35817064)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/8-High Heel Sneakers Buddy Guy.aiff (length 52368091)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Junior WellsBuddy Guy/Alone And Acoustic/9-Wrong Doing Woman Buddy Guy .aiff (length 31861002)
Warning: disc number 3 ignored because no ALBUM tag in file mark farina mix downloads/downtempo forest/3-01 Downtempo Forest 11 mixtape side A march 97.mp3
Warning: disc number 3 ignored because no ALBUM tag in file mushroom jazz/3-01 Mushroom Jazz 8 Mix Tape side A 1_26_94.mp3
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/01 Gobbledigook.aiff (length 32886650)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/02 Inn_ m_r syngur vitleysingur.aiff (length 43480101)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/03 G_dan daginn.aiff (length 55884533)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/04 Vid spilum endalaust.aiff (length 37835293)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/05 Festival.aiff (length 99709345)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/06 Med sud _ eyrum.aiff (length 52521176)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/07 _ra b_tur.aiff (length 94972418)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/08 _llgresi.aiff (length 44952433)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/09 Flj_tav_k.aiff (length 40730594)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/10 Straumnes.aiff (length 21639411)
Error: found COMT instead of COMM chunk as first local chunk in AIFF file Sigur Rios/11 All Alright.aiff (length 67491653)
MinimServer[Media] is running

Sorry about the length.

Thanks.
11-10-2013, 13:21 (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 13:22 by simoncn.)
This log confirms that MinimServer has started correctly. The warning and error messages will make some files unavailable, but won't stop MinimServer being found by control points.

If the minim icon changes from yellow to green and the icon's pop-up menu is responsive to commands like Properties and Show log, this means MinimServer is running normally and should be visible to control points.

I'm surprised that MinimServer could scan 600GB of files in a few seconds. It uses a cache to speed up rescanning, but I would have expected a rescan to take a bit longer than that.

Are you absolutely sure you have fully disabled all firewall software and any other security software that may be running on this machine? From the symptoms you have described, it could be that the firewall (Windows firewall or some other firewall) is blocking the javaw.exe executable from listening on network ports.

Another possibility is that the machine has an unusual network configuration that MinimServer isn't handling correctly. Please run the command 'ipconfig /all' from a Windows command prompt and post the output here.
11-10-2013, 21:37
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>
C:\Users\Administrator>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Media
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : buffalo.rr.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : buffalo.rr.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connec
tion
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-E8-41-79-61
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7062:6252:c611:8dcc%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.1.8(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, October 11, 2013 4:28:30 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 12, 2013 4:28:31 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890472
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-0B-98-B0-00-24-E8-41-79-61

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.buffalo.rr.com:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : buffalo.rr.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6abd:3c88:7eac:b71b:6633(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c88:7eac:b71b:6633%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

I am starting to wonder if this is a 32bit system??? I looked at the properties but I am beginning to wonder as I've seen the number 32 pop up quite a bit when messing around in the control panel.
11-10-2013, 22:01
uhhh.... now minim server showing up in Plug Player...... but not on the Kinsky? Man am I lost now...... well, its working. now for the firewall at some point.
12-10-2013, 07:55
(11-10-2013 22:01)hessec Wrote:  uhhh.... now minim server showing up in Plug Player...... but not on the Kinsky? Man am I lost now...... well, its working. now for the firewall at some point.

The 'ipconfig /all' output looks fine. This problem might be caused by multicast discovery issues with your network. You might need to change a setting in your wireless router or access point to fix this. The setting you need might be described as "multicast" or "IGMP snooping".