Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java heap space error - 0.51
21-06-2012, 08:08
Java heap space error - 0.51
I have installed 0.51 on my QNAP 419P and have followed all your installation instructions.

Minimserver seems to install and enable fine, but in my control point (ChorusDS) I can only see "storage" as the library, but no content is provided. I am not sure wether "storage" is related to MinimServer.

I then installed MinimWatch. It is greyed. When I disable and re-enable MinimServer, MinimWatch briefly becomes yellow but then gives the error message: "Java heap space" and greyes out again.

I have disabled Twonky on the NAS but this does not change anything.

I have restarted the NAS but this does not solve the problem.

I have about 1000 albums in my library and there may very well be some tagging problems.

Thanks,

Guus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2012, 10:11
RE: Java heap space error - 0.51
(21-06-2012 08:08)guussie Wrote:  I have installed 0.51 on my QNAP 419P and have followed all your installation instructions.

Minimserver seems to install and enable fine, but in my control point (ChorusDS) I can only see "storage" as the library, but no content is provided. I am not sure wether "storage" is related to MinimServer.

I then installed MinimWatch. It is greyed. When I disable and re-enable MinimServer, MinimWatch briefly becomes yellow but then gives the error message: "Java heap space" and greyes out again.

I have about 1000 albums in my library and there may very well be some tagging problems.

Thanks,

Guus

This is a bug in MinimServer. It's running out of memory and crashing.

To debug this, I'll need to send you a test build of the MinimServer QPKG. The test build will write diagnostic information to some files on the Public share of the NAS. You can then access these files from another computer and email them to me. I'll send you a PM with detailed instructions.
21-06-2012, 11:57
RE: Java heap space error - 0.51
(21-06-2012 10:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-06-2012 08:08)guussie Wrote:  I have installed 0.51 on my QNAP 419P and have followed all your installation instructions.

Thanks,

Guus

This is a bug in MinimServer. It's running out of memory and crashing.

To debug this, I'll need to send you a test build of the MinimServer QPKG. The test build will write diagnostic information to some files on the Public share of the NAS. You can then access these files from another computer and email them to me. I'll send you a PM with detailed instructions.

Thanks Simon,

I now how to do this.

Guus