Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'<n> items' and UPnP server icon
30-09-2013, 15:49 (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 16:31 by Rouquemoute.)
'<n> items' and UPnP server icon
I there!

2 quick ones:

- Is there a way to force '<n> items' to appear in all cases when browsing?

- Can we change the picture icon that is displayed on client side (ie BubbleUPnP) when connected to MinimServer?

Thanks & Cheers,
Rouq
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2013, 21:58
RE: '<n> items' and UPnP server icon
(30-09-2013 15:49)Rouquemoute Wrote:  I there!

2 quick ones:

- Is there a way to force '<n> items' to appear in all cases when browsing?

There isn't any way to change this.

I think the only situation in which the '<n> items' choice doesn't occur is when all the items in the current selection are from a single album. Is this what you are seeing, or is there some other situation in which this choice does not appear?

If all the items are from a single album, you can view the items by clicking on the album. I don't know why it would be useful for the same information to be duplicated in an '<n> items' list.

Quote:- Can we change the picture icon that is displayed on client side (ie BubbleUPnP) when connected to MinimServer?

Thanks & Cheers,
Rouq

I don't know what picture icon you mean. If you mean the green "minims and stave" icon, this can't be changed. If you mean something else, please give more details.
01-10-2013, 08:56
(30-09-2013 21:58)simoncn Wrote:  I think the only situation in which the '<n> items' choice doesn't occur is when all the items in the current selection are from a single album. Is this what you are seeing, or is there some other situation in which this choice does not appear?
The situation occurs when albums can not be further sorted by whatever tags I'm using.
So we can definitely have more than one album in this case.

(30-09-2013 21:58)simoncn Wrote:  If all the items are from a single album, you can view the items by clicking on the album. I don't know why it would be useful for the same information to be duplicated in an '<n> items' list.
It's useful in Foobar with Columns UI so that I get to see all the tracks grouped by album.

(30-09-2013 21:58)simoncn Wrote:  I don't know what picture icon you mean. If you mean the green "minims and stave" icon, this can't be changed. If you mean something else, please give more details.
Green "minims and stave" icon is what I mean indeed.
01-10-2013, 10:51 (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:52 by simoncn.)
(01-10-2013 08:56)Rouquemoute Wrote:  The situation occurs when albums can not be further sorted by whatever tags I'm using.
So we can definitely have more than one album in this case.

I have reproduced this, and I agree that the selection menu for multiple albums would be more usable with an <n> items choice in addition to the list of albums. The next release of MinimServer will include an <n> items choice for this case, but not when all the items are within the same album.
01-10-2013, 19:38
Thanks a lot!