Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denon AVR X-1000 and the Pause command
04-07-2015, 10:28
RE: Denon AVR X-1000 and the Pause command
(04-07-2015 09:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 13:06)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  It seems to be just the combination of Bubble server, Minimserver transcoded to wav, and gapless which causes trouble.

What happens if you play native WAV files without transcoding? You can try this by using dBpoweramp to do offline FLAC to WAV conversion on some test files.
Exactly the same. I converted one album to wav with foobar, removed the *:wav16 stream.transcode option and did a rescan. You can pause/resume as much as you want during the first track, but the first pause on the second track fails, as do all subsequent pauses until you do a next and a previous to get back to the same track. Then I guess it is treating the second track as the first track from then on.

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W10>Upplay / W10>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2015, 21:57
(04-07-2015 10:28)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  Exactly the same. I converted one album to wav with foobar, removed the *:wav16 stream.transcode option and did a rescan. You can pause/resume as much as you want during the first track, but the first pause on the second track fails, as do all subsequent pauses until you do a next and a previous to get back to the same track. Then I guess it is treating the second track as the first track from then on.

Thanks for trying this. It confirms that the problem isn't related to MinimServer's transcoding of FLAC to WAV but appears to be some issue with how the renderer handles the WAV format.
06-07-2015, 09:40
(04-07-2015 21:57)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 10:28)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  Exactly the same. I converted one album to wav with foobar, removed the *:wav16 stream.transcode option and did a rescan. You can pause/resume as much as you want during the first track, but the first pause on the second track fails, as do all subsequent pauses until you do a next and a previous to get back to the same track. Then I guess it is treating the second track as the first track from then on.

Thanks for trying this. It confirms that the problem isn't related to MinimServer's transcoding of FLAC to WAV but appears to be some issue with how the renderer handles the WAV format.
OK, thanks for the information. I'll see what I can get out of Denon.
Marmite

07-07-2015, 10:53
(04-07-2015 21:57)simoncn Wrote:  

For anyone with this device (Denon DNP F109), I have been in touch with Denon, who confirm that it supports gapless playback with FLAC and WAV formats only, and use of the pause control with MP3 and LPCM formats only, and therefore it is not possible to benefit from gapless playback and use the pause control with any one file format. Also for information, this device does not support volume control or seeking within tracks, although it does look quite nice.

Thanks Simon for help on this.
Marmite