Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 0.20 has been released
01-02-2012, 23:46
MinimServer 0.20 has been released
MinimServer 0.20 is available now for download from the MinimServer website.

This release fixes all the bugs that have been reported so far on the forums. It also adds native support for Windows x64, the ability to use a custom sort order for album lists, and support for both folder.jpg/png and cover.jpg/png for album art. A full list of changes is available here.

Simon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 09:30
RE: MinimServer 0.20 has been released
Again, thanks for the great work! Smile

Hopefully minimServer will support "search" function, sooner rather than later! But, minimServer simply "crash" when a controller ask it a "search" request, which is not cool...
03-02-2012, 09:51
(03-02-2012 09:30)psme Wrote:  Again, thanks for the great work! Smile

Hopefully minimServer will support "search" function, sooner rather than later! But, minimServer simply "crash" when a controller ask it a "search" request, which is not cool...

This is a bug in the controller. The UPnP protocol includes a GetSearchCapabilities action for the controller to ask the server whether or not it supports Search (which is an optional feature). MinimServer supports the GetSearchCapabilities action and returns a null string, which means that it doesn't support any kind of searching. It seems that the controller is either sending Search to the server without first asking the server about support, or the controller is asking the server about support and then ignoring the answer.

Even if the controller sends a Search request because of a controller bug, MinimServer shouldn't crash. It should return an error response to the Search request, and it should stay running to respond to further valid requests from the controller. If this isn't happening, please can you give more details so that I can fix this problem.
03-02-2012, 10:47
Thanks. minimServer said something about index out of range or something. Will try to get you some reference to debug...
06-02-2012, 08:09
seems ChorusDSHD iPad app can't browse minimServer. ChorusDSHD sees minimServer, but when selected, it just show a "working" icon forever. other UPnP servers such as foobar upnp, Asset work fine.
06-02-2012, 10:06
(06-02-2012 08:09)psme Wrote:  seems ChorusDSHD iPad app can't browse minimServer. ChorusDSHD sees minimServer, but when selected, it just show a "working" icon forever. other UPnP servers such as foobar upnp, Asset work fine.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have ChorusDS for iPod, which works OK. I don't have an iPad, so I can't run ChorusDSHD to debug this myself. Would you be able to run this with MinimServer tracing enabled and send me a log? I'll PM you with instructions for how to do this.
07-02-2012, 05:24
Sent you a log.

Btw, that minimServer "crash" issue I mentioned before, it's the controller side problem. It seems some hex string is sent to your server...