|
Splitting Genre Tag
|
|
26-09-2026, 10:12
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Splitting Genre Tag
Hi
went thru several post, but didn't find what I'm looking for. I have for example genre "Jazz" and when I select this genre I'd like to see a list of "sub-genres" like "Swing", "Modal", "Free" Is this possible? I tried by using style tag - and entry in tagformat Genre.displayFormat={$genre^$style^ [^]} which shows me genre only - style is another entry and working thanks for any assistance |
|||
|
26-09-2026, 11:42
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Splitting Genre Tag
To change what you see in the browsing index, you need to use indexFormat instead of displayFormat. You could try this:
1) Set the aliasTags property to Genre:MainGenre 2) Set the tagFormat property to Genre.indexFormat={$maingenre^$style^ [^]} The MainGenre setting is needed because indexFormat doesn't replace existing tags with the same name. Aliasing your main genre tags to MainGenre works around this limitation. With these settings, the Genre index should show Genre [Style] for any files that have a Style tag. You should also see this genre value displayed in your control point (for example, on the Now Playing screen). With your current settings, Genre [Style] should be displayed in your control point (Now Playing) but is not shown in the MinimServer browsing index. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help




