Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alphabetical Listing In Artists
13-09-2013, 18:17
Alphabetical Listing In Artists
Is it possible after selecting Artists to see an alphabetical listing of folders, A, B, C etc. with the relevant artists available within each folder. At present I get a listing of all artists in alphabetical order which is a bit unmanageable?
Thanks
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2013, 19:27
RE: Alphabetical Listing In Artists
(13-09-2013 18:17)Tyke Wrote:  Is it possible after selecting Artists to see an alphabetical listing of folders, A, B, C etc. with the relevant artists available within each folder. At present I get a listing of all artists in alphabetical order which is a bit unmanageable?
Thanks
Chris

You can use the alphaGroup property to do this. See this section of the User guide for details.
13-09-2013, 20:33
(13-09-2013 19:27)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 18:17)Tyke Wrote:  Is it possible after selecting Artists to see an alphabetical listing of folders, A, B, C etc. with the relevant artists available within each folder. At present I get a listing of all artists in alphabetical order which is a bit unmanageable?
Thanks
Chris

You can use the alphaGroup property to do this. See this section of the User guide for details.

Thanks. I read that section, and couldn't understand it. I have Artists in IndexTags, do I add something after this to get what I want.

Regards
Chris
13-09-2013, 21:01
(13-09-2013 20:33)Tyke Wrote:  Thanks. I read that section, and couldn't understand it. I have Artists in IndexTags, do I add something after this to get what I want.

Regards
Chris

From that section:

To use this feature, set the alphaGroup property to a comma-separated list of index tag names or other container names for which alphabetical grouping should be enabled.

In your case, the index tag for which you want to do this grouping is Artist, so you need to set the alphaGroup property to the value:

Artist

Note: In your posts, you have referred to Artists as the tag name. I have assumed you meant to say Artist.
13-09-2013, 21:25
(13-09-2013 21:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 20:33)Tyke Wrote:  Thanks. I read that section, and couldn't understand it. I have Artists in IndexTags, do I add something after this to get what I want.

Regards
Chris

From that section:

To use this feature, set the alphaGroup property to a comma-separated list of index tag names or other container names for which alphabetical grouping should be enabled.

In your case, the index tag for which you want to do this grouping is Artist, so you need to set the alphaGroup property to the value:

Artist

Note: In your posts, you have referred to Artists as the tag name. I have assumed you meant to say Artist.
So the only index tag I have is "Artist". How do I set the property of alphaGroup to this tag?

Chris
13-09-2013, 21:44
Thanks, got it now!!
Chris
13-09-2013, 21:44
(13-09-2013 21:25)Tyke Wrote:  So the only index tag I have is "Artist". How do I set the property of alphaGroup to this tag?

Chris

The alphaGroup property is the second field in the properties dialog that you get when you select Properties from the minim icon.
14-09-2013, 07:08 (This post was last modified: 14-09-2013 07:10 by Tyke.)
(13-09-2013 21:44)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 21:25)Tyke Wrote:  So the only index tag I have is "Artist". How do I set the property of alphaGroup to this tag?

Chris

The alphaGroup property is the second field in the properties dialog that you get when you select Properties from the minim icon.

Thanks, I spent ages looking for something to add in the index tag field, not realising I should have been using a different field altogether. Sometimes the solution is very straightforward, and you are expecting something more complicated!!
Minimserver is working perfectly now thanks!!
Chris