Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RaspberryPi installation problem
29-08-2013, 22:40
RaspberryPi installation problem
I've got a RaspberryPi running rasbian with java installed:

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_27"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.5) (6b27-1.12.5-1+rpi1)
OpenJDK Zero VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

but when I attempt to start minimserver I have a problem:

$ java -jar ../lib/minimserver.jar
MinimServer 0.72, Copyright © 2012, 2013 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
starting MinimServer
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jch/minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so:: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
[...]

That file does exist and does seem to the right sort of thing:

$ file /home/jch/minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so
/home/jch/minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

What have I done wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 10:16
RE: RaspberryPi installation problem
(29-08-2013 22:40)jch Wrote:  I've got a RaspberryPi running rasbian with java installed:

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_27"

starting MinimServer
>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jch/minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so:: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[...]

/home/jch/minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

What have I done wrong?

Which version of MinimServer are you using? Raspbian is hard float, so the standard 0.72 release of MinimServer won't work because it uses soft float. I will send you a PM with details of where to get an experimental hard-float build of MinimServer and a suitable hard-float version of Java.
30-08-2013, 10:19
Thank you.

I'm using 0.72. I await the PM with bated breath Smile
01-09-2013, 20:17
Wink RE: RaspberryPi installation problem
Well, that was an unqualified success.

I have Album.sortTags={ArtistSort,Date,Album} which gives me the same sort sort-by-artist-by-date order I have in iTunes and, indeed, the original CDs. Of course, I had to add a flac ARTISTSORT tag to everything which uncovered some problems I had with pictures and tags so that took some little while to sort out.

The other problem I'm glad to see the back of is minidlna's propensity for getting the wrong tracks in an album.

One thing I would like, though, is the ability to sort artists by ARTISTSORT. Is that possible?
01-09-2013, 21:42
(01-09-2013 20:17)jch Wrote:  Well, that was an unqualified success.

I have Album.sortTags={ArtistSort,Date,Album} which gives me the same sort sort-by-artist-by-date order I have in iTunes and, indeed, the original CDs. Of course, I had to add a flac ARTISTSORT tag to everything which uncovered some problems I had with pictures and tags so that took some little while to sort out.

The other problem I'm glad to see the back of is minidlna's propensity for getting the wrong tracks in an album.

One thing I would like, though, is the ability to sort artists by ARTISTSORT. Is that possible?

Do you mean changing the sort order of artists in the Artist index?

If so, you can do this if you are OK with having the artists indexed by ARTISTSORT value as well as being sorted by ARTISTSORT value. To make this change, add

ArtistSort:Artist

to the indexTags property and remove

Artist

from the indexTags property. This will replace the default Artist index by a custom Artist index that contains ARTISTSORT values instead of ARTIST values.

In a future release, it will be possible to sort the Artist index using ARTISTSORT values while using ARTIST values for what is shown there.
01-09-2013, 21:53 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 21:54 by jch.)
(01-09-2013 21:42)simoncn Wrote:  In a future release, it will be possible to sort the Artist index using ARTISTSORT values while using ARTIST values for what is shown there.

That's what I guessed would be the case. I found that I could display ARTISTSORT, but while have "Ten CC" instead of "10cc" just looks a little odd, having "ZZZZZZ" instead of "Various" would look downright weird.

I can wait Smile
21-11-2013, 04:19
(30-08-2013 10:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 22:40)jch Wrote:  I've got a RaspberryPi running rasbian with java installed:

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_27"

starting MinimServer
[...]

What have I done wrong?

Which version of MinimServer are you using? Raspbian is hard float, so the standard 0.72 release of MinimServer won't work because it uses soft float. I will send you a PM with details of where to get an experimental hard-float build of MinimServer and a suitable hard-float version of Java.

Can I have hard float build for my raspbian too? I am tied up for serveral days for this issue here. Please help~Heart
23-11-2013, 09:45

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_27"

starting MinimServer
[...]

What have I done wrong?

Hi Simon,

I have the same issue. Do you plan to publicaly release a hard-float build of MinimServer ? Or could you send me the link by PM ?

Thanks you very much,

Sam
23-11-2013, 10:07

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_27"

starting MinimServer
[...]

What have I done wrong?

@simoncn: Could you please attach this files in the forum post. I think so many people are looking for it.
Thanks
23-11-2013, 10:54
Hi,

I have the same issue. Is it planned to publicaly release an hard-float build of MinimServer in a near future ? Or is it possible to get the experimental one ?

Thanks,

Sam