Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going back to the default settings after messing up a parameter value
20-08-2013, 20:14 (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 20:14 by vln.)
Going back to the default settings after messing up a parameter value
Hi there,

I just played around with some settings specified in this thread:

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=517

namely the parameters "-AlbumArtist.display.artistRole" and "Title.displayFormat={$artist^^ - ^$title}".

The result was that in '[n] albums', the album title was replaced with the artist name, which of course is a bit pointless. No problem I thought, if I just set all the parameter values back to what I had before and restart minimwatch, then everything is back to normal. Sadly this isn't the case.

How do I get the normal view back again?

Thanks,
Samuel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2013, 21:00
RE: Going back to the default settings after messing up a parameter value
(20-08-2013 20:14)vln Wrote:  The result was that in '[n] albums', the album title was replaced with the artist name, which of course is a bit pointless. No problem I thought, if I just set all the parameter values back to what I had before and restart minimwatch, then everything is back to normal. Sadly this isn't the case.

After changing any format settings, you need to restart MinimServer (not MinimWatch) by using the Restart option from the minim icon.

What display changes were you trying to achieve by changing the format settings?
20-08-2013, 21:08
(20-08-2013 21:00)simoncn Wrote:  [quote='vln' pid='4410' dateline='1377026045']
The result was that in '[n] albums', the album title was replaced with the artist name, which of course is a bit pointless. No problem I thought, if I just set all the parameter values back to what I had before and restart minimwatch, then everything is back to normal. Sadly this isn't the case.

(20-08-2013 21:00)simoncn Wrote:  After changing any format settings, you need to restart MinimServer (not MinimWatch) by using the Restart option from the minim icon.

Sry - the 'minim icon'? Where do I find it?

(20-08-2013 21:00)simoncn Wrote:  What display changes were you trying to achieve by changing the format settings?

This:

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...03#pid4403

Thx for your help, much appreciated!
20-08-2013, 21:21 (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 21:23 by vln.)
Apologies, I meant to say I already tried restarting MinimServer via MinimWatch, by using 'Restart'. (I assume that was your suggestion as well?)

Anyway, this unfortunately did not work.
20-08-2013, 21:26 (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 21:29 by simoncn.)
(20-08-2013 21:08)vln Wrote:  Sry - the 'minim icon'? Where do I find it?

I think you would find it helpful to read the online installation guide and User guide. These explain in detail how to install and use MinimServer and MinimWatch on various platforms.

The minim icon is provided by MinimServer (if it is installed on a platform with a graphical user interface) or by MinimWatch (if MinimServer is installed on a platform without a graphical user interface). You can find the minim icon in the system tray on Windows and Linux, and on the menu bar on Mac OS X.
20-08-2013, 21:33
(20-08-2013 21:21)vln Wrote:  Apologies, I meant to say I already tried restarting MinimServer via MinimWatch, by using 'Restart'. (I assume that was your suggestion as well?)

After restarting MinimServer, what settings do you see for the tagFormat property? Are they your modified settings, or the original settings?

After entering any changes to property settings, you need to click OK or Apply to confirm the changes. Did you do this before you did the restart?
20-08-2013, 21:50 (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 22:13 by vln.)
(20-08-2013 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 21:21)vln Wrote:  Apologies, I meant to say I already tried restarting MinimServer via MinimWatch, by using 'Restart'. (I assume that was your suggestion as well?)

After restarting MinimServer, what settings do you see for the tagFormat property? Are they your modified settings, or the original settings?

tagFormat is set to Album.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, which is what was set as default value / original setting.

(20-08-2013 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  After entering any changes to property settings, you need to click OK or Apply to confirm the changes. Did you do this before you did the restart?

Yes.
20-08-2013, 22:06
(20-08-2013 21:50)vln Wrote:  tagFormat is set to "Album.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}",which is what was set as default value / original setting.

You have the wrong setting. It should be:

Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}
20-08-2013, 22:12
(20-08-2013 22:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 21:50)vln Wrote:  tagFormat is set to "Album.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}",which is what was set as default value / original setting.

You have the wrong setting. It should be:

Apologies - it's entered without the quotation marks. (as you suggest)
20-08-2013, 22:15
(20-08-2013 22:12)vln Wrote:  Apologies - it's entered without the quotation marks. (as you suggest)

Please reread my response. You have:

Album.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

This should be: