Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver on TrueNAS Scale
26-04-2024, 19:00
Minimserver on TrueNAS Scale
I wonder if there is any interest on the part of the developer of Minimserver to get it working on TrueNAS Scale, which is TrueNAS built on Debian. For me personally, this would be the ideal solution for my situation. I also consider TrueNAS scale to be the ideal NAS solution because it is built on ZFS.

Minimserver being able to run on TrueNAs, and serve up the music also on the TrueNAS would be fantastic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2024, 21:11
RE: Minimserver on TrueNAS Scale
The Linux version of MinimServer runs on Debian, so it should run on TrueNAS.
27-04-2024, 07:34 (This post was last modified: 27-04-2024 08:04 by AudioDoctor.)
I am told it does not work. I have not tried it myself as I have no idea how yet, but I will figure it out eventually.

TrueNAS, while based on Debian, is set up more like an appliance and thus is pretty locked down. It's not just as easy as opening terminal and typing in a few commands. However, it is possible to run apps on it, here is the app page for some examples: https://www.truenas.com/apps/

I know nothing about how to do this stuff, but I can offer assistance and testing on my TrueNAS if there is a interest in getting Minimserver to run on TrueNAS Scale.
27-04-2024, 14:28
According to this page, TrueNAS SCALE supports apps in Docker containers. MinimServer is available as a Docker image (see this section), so it should be possible to run MinimServer in a Docker container on TrueNAS SCALE.
27-04-2024, 23:13
(27-04-2024 14:28)simoncn Wrote:  According to this page, TrueNAS SCALE supports apps in Docker containers. MinimServer is available as a Docker image (see this section), so it should be possible to run MinimServer in a Docker container on TrueNAS SCALE.

Alright, looks like I have some homework. I'll let you know how it goes.
28-04-2024, 07:27
Please let me know how you get on with this and if you have any questions about how the container should be configured.