Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QNAP: minimserver and Music Station
04-02-2024, 11:16
QNAP: minimserver and Music Station
I have QNAP Nas and Minimserver running. One of my ideas is to use Minimserver and QNAP Music Station and Qmusic for Android. Would this be possible?

Background is the quite seamless integration of Qmusic into the Android Car User Interface, which is not given for BubbleUPnP. With QNAP Standards there are some issues regarding indexing. This makes me asking.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2024, 16:39
RE: QNAP: minimserver and Music Station
You can use Qmusic with QNAP Music Center but you cannot use Qmusic with MinimServer. This is because Qmusic does not support the UPnP protocol.
04-02-2024, 16:45 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2024 16:47 by DavidHB.)
I use MinimServer as a standalone server app on my QNAP NASs. I don't use Music Station. It works seamlessly with (in my case) the BubbleDS control point, and, as I understand it, would work similarly with Bubble UPnP. It is unclear to me why you would need Music Station at all. What make/model is your renderer/player?

David
04-02-2024, 19:07
(04-02-2024 16:39)simoncn Wrote:  You can use Qmusic with QNAP Music Center but you cannot use Qmusic with MinimServer. This is because Qmusic does not support the UPnP protocol.

Good Point. Thank you Simon.
04-02-2024, 19:33 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2024 19:55 by Ernst Wilhelm Grueter.)
(04-02-2024 16:45)DavidHB Wrote:  It is unclear to me why you would need Music Station at all.

I am using Internet access in my car. Therefore it is important for me as I mentioned before:

(04-02-2024 11:16)Ernst Wilhelm Grueter Wrote:  Background is the quite seamless integration of Qmusic into the Android Car User Interface, which is not given for BubbleUPnP.

In addition to that: I made a successful test to Minimserver, BubbleUPNP via Internet and Tailscale (How to access Minimserver on QNAP over the Internet via BubbleUPNP). Which is working fine, not integrated with Android Car User Interface. Though it's working fine it is not handy if you have already VPN on your smartphone. Tailscale is a functionality which includes DDNS and VPN so it is kind of doing things twice. I have to bypass it manually. A 2nd reason for looking for an alternative

Hope it gives you more clarity.

Thanks for your feedback, Ernst Wilhelm