Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playlist icon refresh with rescan not working
08-01-2024, 22:18
playlist icon refresh with rescan not working
Hi Simon,

I've a folder "playlist" wherein I store .m3u playlist and never had a folder.jpg cover art in the folder.

Now that I put a (first) folder.jpg there I rescanned the lib. All apps then properly showed this (first) folder art for the playlist.

However, I changed then the (first) folder.jpg for a (second) folder.jpg and found that the (second) folder.jpg is not fully pushed to all apps.

I can see it properly in iPhone 8player app, but somehow I cannot see it in Linn Kazoo on Mac and this keeps showing the (first) folder.jpg)

I think it's a small bug in either of the app, or in Minimserver? Any case, I'd just like to let it know in case it helps with further improvement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2024, 22:43
RE: playlist icon refresh with rescan not working
Did you do a rescan after changing the folder.jpg file? A rescan is needed when any file in the library is changed, including artwork files.
08-01-2024, 22:54
I did a rescan (obviously).

I noted after like 5 rescans the icon finally changed.
09-01-2024, 11:27
It is up to the control point to choose when to refresh the browsing view it is showing. The server is not able to "push" changes to the control point for immediate display.

Most control points refresh a browsing page when you browse up one level from the page and then down again. Some control points show artwork changes at the same time as menu changes. Other control points (including those from Linn) maintain a local cache of artwork images and take some time to detect and show a change.