Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter on Tag
31-12-2023, 14:52
Filter on Tag
Hi

New member, thanks for a great programme.

My library contains Flac files for high quality listening and mp3 files for mobile listening on my iPhone. All the Flac files have mp3 versions, but I also have many albums in mp3-only where I don't have a Flac version.

When MinimServer scans the library, it of course includes all the files. However, when I browse, I see track and album duplicates (Flac and mp3 versions).

What I would like to do is set a custon 'exclude' tag in the mp3s that have a Flac equivalent, and get MinimServer to pass/skip over these as it scans the library, so my resultant MinimServer database would comprise Flacs and mp3s which do not have a Flac equivalent.

Is this kind of filter possible? Or is there a simple way of achieving this by other means?

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2023, 15:49
RE: Filter on Tag
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

MinimServer can't exclude files based on a tag value but it can exclude files based on a filename pattern. For example, you could rename all the MP3 files that you want to exclude with filenames ending with $ (my track$.mp3) and set the excludePattern property to *$.mp3 to exclude all these files. You don't need to change the Title tags, just the filenames.
31-12-2023, 16:03
Or is there a simple way of achieving this by other means?

By adding #AudioFormat to your index Tags and selecting this as first choice might be a simple solution?
31-12-2023, 16:22
Many thanks, both. I'll try these.