Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming FLAC stops after a few seconds
28-12-2023, 18:15
Streaming FLAC stops after a few seconds
On a freshly installed ASUS Tinker Board with DietPi and latest release of Minimserver I have problems streaming FLAC files from my licenced Minimserver, while mp3, WAV and AAC all work fine.

My final finding: the problem exists as long as the Tinker Board is connected to a 1 Gbit port of my router. FLAC streaming works fine if I connect the board to a 100 Mbit switch.

My configuration:
. Files hosted on a WD NAS and Minimserver connected through Gbit network
. Steamer, UPnP endpoint: Cyrus Stream XP2 QX and Volumio3 connected through 100 Mbit network
. BubbleUPnP used as Local Player or controlpoint

Amazing: BubbleUPnP starts playing for 4 to 8 seconds, regardless used as Local Player or controlpoint, than stops without error message and not changing from play to pause.

Beside the better performace, the Gbit ability of the Tinker Board was actually the main reason to move from a RasberryPI 3 B+ to the Tinker Board. I.e. support is very much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2023, 16:47
RE: Streaming FLAC stops after a few seconds
The first step is to check the MinimServer log for error messages. With the logging level set to the default value Info, do you see any errors in the log when playing stops unexpectedly?

If there are no errors shown with Info logging, please produce a MinimServer debug log by doing the following:

1) If MiniimWatch isn't already installed and running, install it on a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. (Note: this isn't needed if the DietPi UI is showing a taskbar minim icon for controlling MinimServer.)
2) In your control point, browse to a FLAC file but don't play it yet
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
5) Leave the log window open
6) Try to play the FLAC file
7) When playback stops, click 'Save as' in the log window to save a log file
8) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
9) Zip or compress the log file and attach the compressed log file to a post here
01-01-2024, 15:57
Thanks for the quick response.

I made two logs. One with 1Gbit network connection and one with 100 Mbit.

Attached File(s)
.zip  FLAC-stop.zip (Size: 4.31 KB / Downloads: 4)
01-01-2024, 16:31
Thanks for doing this. The 100 Mb log shows MinimServer sending the stream and the renderer reading it fully (this takes about 8 seconds). The 1 Gb log shows MinimServer sending the stream and the renderer for some reason not reading it fully. There are no error messages that could explain why the renderer does not complete its reading of the 1 Gb stream.

The log output shows that everything is working correctly at the MinimServer end but unfortunately does not provide any clues about what else in your network could be causing this problem.
02-01-2024, 10:57
Thanks for analysing the log. Looks like some timing problem. I have checked with a 1Gbit connected client, which I rarely use (J.River). This combination works.

I will talk to the BubbleUPnP man and the Volumio people. If there is a substantial outcome, I will come back to this thread.

Thanks a lot!