Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Enhancements?
30-11-2023, 14:03
Possible Enhancements?
I have a couple suggestions for future enhancements.

Is there a way to add what profile generated the current view to the displayed results?
This would give user info on the screen what profile generated the current index. I don't always sit close to my computer and this profile info would be useful to have.

Would it be possible to add row/line numbers to the recent added/played text files?
Adding line numbers would aid in troubleshooting.

Both of enhancements would add a bit more info to an already excellent tool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2023, 23:00
RE: Possible Enhancements?
To see what profile is currently in use, open the MinimServer configuration web page and select the Profiles tab.

Almost any text editor should be able to show line numbers when editing a text file. What is the situation that requires you to identify the line number of an entry in the recently added or recently played text files?
01-12-2023, 00:03
(30-11-2023 23:00)simoncn Wrote:  To see what profile is currently in use, open the MinimServer configuration web page and select the Profiles tab.

My Mac is in another room from where my listening setup is located

Almost any text editor should be able to show line numbers when editing a text file. What is the situation that requires you to identify the line number of an entry in the recently added or recently played text files?

Error logs?

I can add line numbers via terminal but thought it would be easy for you do incorporate.
01-12-2023, 11:36
I think my question might not have been quite clear. What was the situation that caused these warning messges to be written to the log?

Changing the format of a file like this can cause compatibilty issues especially when the file is written by a newer version of MinimServer and read by an older version that doesn't understand the new format.
01-12-2023, 14:42
(01-12-2023 11:36)simoncn Wrote:  I think my question might not have been quite clear. What was the situation that caused these warning messges to be written to the log?

Changing the format of a file like this can cause compatibilty issues especially when the file is written by a newer version of MinimServer and read by an older version that doesn't understand the new format.

This is one example:
Reading played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 1 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 2 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 3 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 4 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 5 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 6 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 7 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 8 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 9 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 10 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 11 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 12 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 13 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 14 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 15 of played-files.txt
Unknown path on line 16 of played-files.txt

If it's too complex to incorporate I understand.
01-12-2023, 16:46
Thanks for this information. It seems you were running with the logging level set to Debug. With the default setting of Info, you would have seen only one message.

As described in this post, this message (or messages) can be produced in three different cases:

1) The file has been deleted or renamed, so no longer exists

2) The file still exists but a change to contentDir means it is not accessible to MinimServer

3) The file still exists but is on an external drive (NAS, USB, etc.) that is not currently mounted

Which of these was it when you got these messages?
12-12-2023, 18:22
These messages have been removed in MinimServer update 246. This is a normal situation (not an error) and producing these messages is misleading and confusing.