Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues playing dsf files through LMS/Minimserver
08-09-2023, 08:14
Issues playing dsf files through LMS/Minimserver
hi Simon,
I’m trying to use Minimserver as a remote library for Logitech Media Server/Daphile using Remote Music Libraries plugin with UPNP/DLNA Client enabled.
While there are no issues at all playing flac/Alac/wav files it is impossible to play dsf files, they are simply skipped.
I then tried to use the LMS/UPNP media server installing UPNP/DLNA Media Interface plugin in another LMS/Daphile instance and in this case I can play dsf files without issues.
This leads me to think that Minimserver makes dsf file available in a different way than LMS/Daphile/UPNP Media interface plugin.
Can you help me to understand where the difference is between Minimserver and LMS/Daphile/UPNP Media interface plugin?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2023, 09:08
RE: Issues playing dsf files through LMS/Minimserver
This sounds like a MIME type issue. MinimServer uses the industry standard MIME type audio/x-dsf for DSF files. Some servers and renderers use a different nonstandard MIME type such as audio/x-dsd, audio/dsd or audio/dsf. You can use the mimeType.dsf option of the serverOptions property to make MinimServer use a custom MIME type for DSF files.
08-09-2023, 11:22
RE: Issues playing dsf files through LMS/Minimserver
It works with mimeType.dsf=audio/dsf , that’s wonderful!
Thanks a lot Simon