Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
runtime error
08-08-2023, 10:29
runtime error
I am getting a runtime error most times after I have added a new album and then do a rescan

It is not repeatable - i.e. when I do a stop and restart I never see the error again until

I add a new album

Thanks

Mike

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver-crash-20230808-101615.log (Size: 22.98 KB / Downloads: 2)
.log  minimserver-crash-20230807-152243.log (Size: 39.52 KB / Downloads: 0)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2023, 12:36
RE: runtime error
Thanks for letting me know about this problem. By looking at the crash dump files you sent, I have found what is causing this.

This can happen when you have "Recently Played" enabled and you are playing a file at the same time that a rescan is happening. Updating the "recently played" list requires access to some information that is being rebuilt as part of the rescan and if events happen in a certain order then you will get this error.

Specifically, if your list of recently played files (the played-files.txt file in the 'recent' folder) is already at its maximum size (300 by default but configurable up to 1000), playing a new file will rewrite this list and this is when the crash happens.

The problem will be fixed in the next MinimServer update. As a temporary workaround until this update is available, you can avoid playing a file while a rescan is in progress. Alternatively, you can manually edit the played-files.txt file to remove a few old entries. This requires care and should be done while MinimServer is not running.
08-08-2023, 13:56
Many thanks for quick response and happy to wait until next update

Mike
31-10-2023, 12:15
This problem should be fixed in MinimServer update 241. It is hard for me to test this fix because the problem is dependent on the timing of various actions. It you see the problem again after installing update 241, please let me know.