Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using minimserver
27-07-2023, 13:53
Using minimserver
Hello again. Quick question:
Downloaded and installed minimserver 2.2 on my Synology NAS thanks to Simon's quick reply in my last post. I am in no way computer savy but was able to install it (with much effort) because of great instructions on the website. Now what do I do? I dont see any additional help. Pointed it to the right directory, it says its running when I look at the control center of the dsm. If I turn off the media center app I had previously installed, my Lumin player does not see the NAS anymore. If I turn it back on, it sees my library again. Seems like I'm using media center instead of minimserver. Nothing has changed in the Lumin app appearance, navigation, search etc. Is it just running in the background to no benefit? Isnt the whole point to have better tagging, album art, searches, etc.? My apologies for sounding like an idiot, but this computer thing is a massive learning curve for me. Just trying to maximize my music experience Smile. Thanks for any additional help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2023, 15:41
RE: Using minimserver
Update:
Found a way in the Lumin app to enable minimserver. It is loading the library at the moment. Will update again for anyone with similar issues or limited computer experience. Thanks.
27-07-2023, 15:42
Doesn’t Minimserver show up in Lumïn Music Library settings?

27-07-2023, 15:48
… if it doesn’t show up can you browse to the Nas Minimserver page
http://nas-ip-address:9790
and confirm that Minimserver is actually running?

27-07-2023, 17:42
The Quick start guide for Synology (see this page) should provide the basic information you need to get MinimServer up and running. It doesn't cover control point issues such as getting the LUMIN app to load the MinimServer library. For these, the forum is your friend. Smile